ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Dont we have a physical shut down CB already ?

moonman

You prove us that point nearly every time you decide to sound off about McAlister issues. ;)

Don't think I said anything about CMac, did I sparky? I took issue with a post that goes way beyond expressing an opinion and borders on a work of fiction. But your response doesn't surprise me given your history of completely ignoring the facts and and substance of posts in an attempt at playing the atagonist or in this case defending one of your admins.

Now let's talk about Chris from a factual standpoint:

1. Chris's cap hit next year is extremely high, probably too high to stay as is.
  2. He's had his share of down time over the last couple of years due to injury.
  3. He was leading the team in pics before going down this year.
  4. He's always been the best tackler in the secondary and in the one year they allowed him to float and cover the best WR on each team we played...he shut all of them down.
  5. Unless the surgery is miraculous, it's time he considered moving to safety, if possible, either here or someplace else like Lott and Woodson did in their latter years.
  6. He has to get on board with Harbaugh's program if he stays here.
  7. Preston has always disliked McAlister because Chris has no respect for him and rightly so.

So, in the words of the immortal Cat Stevens...

"Its not time to make a change,

Just relax, take it easy.

You're still young, thats your fault,

Theres so much you have to know.

Find a girl, settle down,

If you want you can marry.

Look at me, I am old, but Im happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that its not easy,

To be calm when youve found something going on.

But take your time, think a lot,

Why, think of everything you've got.

For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not."

;)

Release landry, we are moving C-mac to Safety with a new cap friendly contract in tow. WE can afford to tag either Ray or Suggs. One of those two has a new contract.

Unfortunately from what Im hearing SO-FAR the DB class coming out is weak..

Can Landry go CB??

Release landry, we are moving C-mac to Safety with a new cap friendly contract in tow. WE can afford to tag either Ray or Suggs. One of those two has a new contract.

Unfortunately from what Im hearing SO-FAR the DB class coming out is weak..

Can Landry go CB??

Landry can't really be released. And there's no way in hell that he could play CB.

McAlister isn't playing safety anytime soon.

And then in another post, further demonstrating your irrational dislike for Chris, you blast him for not being around during his rehab and make excuses for guys like Gregg not being around during theirs.

Actually... both were in the same post...

And in case you didn't read it all, I stated right afterwards "wait, maybe I shouldn't hold that against him because I haven't seen or heard from Gregg and Boller either."

So, no. I didn't just hold it against him. It was a stream of consciousness... "CMac hasnt been around... but wait, neither have they... nevermind."

You haven't a shred of evidence to support this garbage.

In regards to this, it depends what you mean by evidence.

Have I been in the locker room and seen it or personally spoken to any players? Of course not. But no one here has.

But it has been reported pretty widely in our local media - beyond Preston even - that some players bought into the Harbaugh scheme and some players didn't. That can be evidenced by quotes from Ed Reed earlier in the season when he said that his problem with Harbaugh was that "Harbaugh didn't talk to them like men" and pretty much insinuated that he was disrespected by Harbaugh's coaching style. McAlister was in that group too, according to those same reports. That's all.

Meanwhile, BA... I never seem to read much from you these days except for items blasting me (or others) for having an opinion.

I don't "have it in" for anyone. I never have. Especially not compared to the many (here and around town) who have consistently made it their sole job to bash the likes of Boller, McNair, Billick, etc... I mean, where is your disdain for their arbitrary hate?

I think my criticism of players has a pretty consistent theme: I don't like "me first" players.

Now, we can disagree all we want over who those are. Some people would probably put Ray Lewis in that category and he belongs there, to an extent. But my biggest criticisms this season have been of players with bad attitudes and stupid (not poor) play.

I mean, who have I bashed this year? Hell, how much have I even bashed CMac, since you seem to think I do it with such consistency?

By my count, the only few to make my shit list are McGahee and McAlister. And both for fair reason at times, if you ask me.

But I don't think I 'have it in' for them. I'm man enough to admit that McGahee in his final few games of the season showed me something that I didn't expect to see. He proved me wrong. I am big enough to say that.

Now, you're going to say that I just, in an earlier post, said that McAlister should be gone. And that if he's gone, there's no chance for him to prove me wrong. Which is true. But I still believe, based on what I've read about McAlister this season - from everyone from Peter Schmuck to Mike Preston to Anita Marks - that McAlister is not ready to be a part of Harbaugh's team.

Hmmm... I like the idea of McAlister at safety, especially if Leonhard leaves. McAlister can tackle, and has good ball skills, he would be a good SS. He would also figure well into dime packages where we need able bodies. My problem is that his cap number is just too big when we need to re-sign two cornerstone players in Suggs and Brown, and then one of our middle backers.

That's just it. Think about how much money will be invested at that position alone. Not to mention the fact that no one knows if he's even interested in playing there.

He's physical, but he's injury prone. He's not an ideal strong safety, in my eyes. And, considering all the safeties we already have, I don't think the staff will ever give much thought into putting him there.

That's just it. Think about how much money will be invested at that position alone. Not to mention the fact that no one knows if he's even interested in playing there.

He's physical, but he's injury prone. He's not an ideal strong safety, in my eyes. And, considering all the safeties we already have, I don't think the staff will ever give much thought into putting him there.

If Leonhard leaves, you think Cmac would renegotiate his contract to play here as a safety?

Not to mention the fact that no one knows if he's even interested in playing there.

Well heres a fact, you have to play in the NFL 10 years to qualify for a pension, its Mac's best interest to switch to Safety..Why would you want to risk your future because you want to play CB and throw away your pension?

If Leonhard leaves, you think Cmac would renegotiate his contract to play here as a safety?

I don't think Leonhard has anything to do with it. He's probably out the door as it is, and I don't think that will affect the team's plans at the position (considering Landry, Zbikowski, etc.). Nevertheless, I don't think there's any possible way at all that McAlister restructures. Remember that he was scratching and clawing for every dime in that contract a few years ago.

Crav, I don't think NFL players concern themselves much with pension. :lol: The older players, sure, but that's because they were paid in bread and handshakes anyway. Today's players make enough money before they even hit the NFL field that they can do as they please with their careers.

You know, as long as he doesn't

;)

Crav, I don't think NFL players concern themselves much with pension.

Oh Yes they do..My Unk kicked 10 years for the Colts, there was only 1 reason he did it, that 4000 a month guaranteed check ;)

Yeah, I know. But that's what I'm saying. Back then, you needed it, because they weren't paying you. But now, any player who manages ten years is probably pretty damn good anyway.

I don't know specifically how it works, but McAlister's already been in the league for ten years, too...

Crav, I don't think NFL players concern themselves much with pension.

Oh Yes they do..My Unk kicked 10 years for the Colts, there was only 1 reason he did it, that 4000 a month guaranteed check ;)

Crav, I didn't know you had an uncle that played!

I have a Great uncle that played for the Lions.

Do you guys think that Chris McAlister is built like a SS?

Crav, I didn't know you had an uncle that played!

Yeah I did, first let me slap KS upside the head!!! It wasnt that long ago...Dean Biasucci you can google him, he played for the Colts the year the Colts were stolen from us..84-93

:lol: I know. He was the Colts' kicker forever. Holds some serious records.

But even then, Crav. You know as well as I do how much player salaries have increased in just the last handful of years.