ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mocks

papasmurfbell

New NFL Draft

26. Baltimore Ravens: Vontae Davis, CB, ILL

The Ravens get a very gifted CB here in Vontae Davis. He is my second ranked CB in this 2009 NFL Mock Draft though he might be the most athletically gifted. I think if you put him in the secondary with Ed Reed they will be even scarier in 2009 then they are right now.

Walter Football

26 Baltimore Ravens: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

Mark Clayton has started playing really well lately, but with Derrick Mason, who just turned 35, a year away from hitting free agency, it's time the Ravens begin developing their next No. 1 receiver for Joe Flacco.

57 Baltimore Ravens: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest

Baltimore is pretty old at cornerback and could use some fresh legs at the position. The defense's only weakness is getting beat on the deep ball. Hopefully the addition of Alphonso Smith can change that.

88 Baltimore Ravens: Mitch King, DE, Iowa

Some defensive line help/depth for the Ravens. I had an offensive tackle here in one of my previous updates, but there aren't any available here who wouldn't be reaches.

Draft dog

26 WR, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland (JR) Bey hasn't put up huge numbers, but he will be hot property due to his size (6' 3" 206 lbs) and elite speed (4.39).

58 RB, Donald Brown, Connecticut (JR) Ray Rice and Donald Brown could be the running backs of the future. Brown is vastly talented, led the nation in rushing in 2008 with 1,822 yards and 17 TDs.

This pick doesn't make sense with the 3 backs we have but if Willis were gone I like it.

Draft Countdown

26 BALTIMORE RAVENS: D.J. MOORE, CB, VANDERBILT

5-10 184

Football future

26 Baltimore - Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

Joe Flacco has been a surprise but in order for him to elevate his play next year, he needs more playmakers. Britt is the type of big intermediate receiver that would quickly become Flacco’s favorite target. On a veteran team that features players like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Britt’s primadonna attitude would be put to rest very quickly. It would be a great situation for him to maximize his potential.

Ht: 6-foot-4 (Event)

Wt: 191 lbs

Forty: 4.5 secs

Bench max: 245 pounds

Squat max: 405 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98USWn8dG0

NFL draft site

26 Baltimore Sean Smith* CB 6'3" 215 Utah

This wont happen but that pick was amazing.

57 Baltimore Darry Beckwith ILB 6'1" 235 LSU

88 Baltimore Travis Beckum TE 6'4" 224 Wisconsin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK9t_FHkMz0

I would love this pick

119 Baltimore Brandon Gibson WR 6'1" 201 Washington State

154 Baltimore Jeremy Lomax DE 6'4" 248 Georgia

185 Baltimore Devin Moore RB 5'9" 190 Wyoming

216 Baltimore Sam Allen OT 6'6" 296 Grand Valley State

There aren't many of these guys I won't be happy to have at #26. I would be surprised to see most of them fall, though... especially Vontae Davis.

It will be fun to watch the draft this year, and root for teams to make obscure picks. Either way, we're going to get a solid starter out of the first round, and that's all you can really ask for.

fftoolbox

26. BAL: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland

QB Joe Flacco needs more athletic targets that the old Derrick Mason and the underachieving Mark Clayton (although he managed to improve late last season) . After the big and powerful Heyward-Bey, the WR class suffers a noticeable drop-off in talent.

58. BAL: Tyrone McKenzie, LB, South Florida

Ray Lewis' contract negotiations and age could force the Ravens to draft an eventual replacement. McKenzie is athletic, fast and from south Florida. The next Lewis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_967wudb-I

fantasyfootballjungle.com

Shawn Sottosanti

27. Baltimore Ravens - Sintim, Clint, OLB Virginia

With Terrell Suggs likely leaving for free agency the Ravens quickly look to fill up that hole. Clint Sintim can slide in at the Outside Linebacker spot or at Defensive End very much like Suggs could do so it seems like common sense.

I am not liking this.

58. Baltimore Ravens - Dillard, Jarett, WR Rice

Early at his stay at Rice, Jarett Dillard was heavily praised as possibly being the next Jerry Rice. I highly doubt he will ever make that big of an impact or put up those numbers, but he will be quite the player and by moving Mark Clayton to the slot could help that Ravens offense explode.

Sintim is a little too far down the LB chain for me. If we're already to him, there will certainly be other available talent Ozzie will prefer.

By the way, that website (ffjungle) updated their mock. Here's the new pick, which is really just as bad.

26. Baltimore: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

The Ravens have a new coach, a new quarterback, and one of the most complete, deep defenses in the NFL. What could a team like that possibly need?

When the Ravens whiffed on Kyle Boller, one of the major reasons was that the team committed to picking up WCO receivers. While other teams, other WCO teams drafted or signed receivers with size, Boller had one big target, Todd Heap.

about.com

26. Baltimore Ravens - Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forest

Team Needs: WR CB ILB DE DT

Both of the Ravens starting cornerbacks are on the wrong side of 30, so it would probably be wise to bring in someone with the potential to eventually take over. After Jenkins and Davis, Smith is the best prospects left at the position this year.

Korny's Cartel

26) Baltimore Ravens- WR Brian Robiskie Flacco was solid in his debut season, but he needs more weapons to throw to going forward. Robiskie, the son of former NFL player Terry, is polished, dependable, and professional. And just bland enough to fit right in with the Ravens.

Sports city

Alphonso Smith

Ht/Wt: 5-9/192 lbs

Position:CB

Drafted From: Wake Forest

Class:Senior

NEpats

26. Baltimore Ravens

Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia

Quick and strong, Sintim is tailor-made for a 3-4 defense. He rushes well off the edge and can cover a bit as well.

57. Baltimore

Evander Hood, DT, Missouri

Ray Lewis always likes big people to protect him.

sportsline

26.Baltimore Ravens

Larry English, OLB, Northern Illinois: Ravens veterans Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Bart Scott are all scheduled to become free agents, with at least one likely to leave. English, too fast off the edge for an athletic group of offensive tackles to handle at the Senior Bowl, could contribute immediately

draft king

26. Baltimore Ravens - Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina ~

The Ravens used a first round pick on a wide receiver in 2005 with Mark Clayton. But Clayton (after having 931 receiving yards in 2006) has not lived up to expectations the past two seasons, and a talent like Nicks would be a solid addition to a Ravens team that could use additional targets for quarterback Joe Flacco.

OH yeah

ffjungle

26. Baltimore Ravens - Maybin, Aaron, DE Penn State

The likelihood of all three Suggs, Lewis, and Scott staying with the Ravens will not be good. They could look to find another CB, but could very well decide to go with an explosive pass rusher like Maybin.

57. Baltimore Ravens - Brinkley, Jasper, ILB South Carolina

Even if Ray Lewis stays he won't be around forever. Getting a young prospect like Brinkley.

NFL Draft source

1 ALPHONSO SMITH - WAKE FOREST - CB

2 FILI MOALA - USC - DE/DT

3 BRIAN ROBISKIE - OHIO STATE - WR

Seahawks draft blog

26 Baltimore Ravens - Hakeen Nicks (WR, North Carolina)

Draft Kid

1 Baltimore Ravens- Darrius Heywerd-Bey WR Maryland

2 Ravens- Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati

3 Ravens- Darry Beckwith ILB LSU

NFL Draft Blitz

26. Baltimore Ravens - *Hakeem Nicks (WR) North Carolina

Todd McShay, Scouts, Inc., 2/2/2009

26. Baltimore Ravens (11-5): Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest

The Ravens' lack of depth at cornerback became evident in their playoff loss to Pittsburgh. Smith lacks ideal top-end speed and size, but he's an instinctive cover corner with elite playmaking skills. He is ready to contribute as a sub package defender right now.

57. Baltimore Connor Barwin OLB Cincinnati

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/ins...&id=3878507

As for Smith lacking elite speed, Smith's profiled on Scouts, Inc. rates him as having an "exceptional" closing burst (the highest grade):

Smith's height is below-average and his weight is adequate for his smaller frame. He does, however, possess excellent top-end speed

Shows a notch below elite closing speed coming out of backpedal and can get to the quarterback when asked to blitz off the edge.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/...09&id=23927

For the record, I hate looking at mock drafts before free agency. This is just all going to change in a month and a half. Just let it be March already!

NFL Draft source

1 ALPHONSO SMITH - WAKE FOREST - CB

2 FILI MOALA - USC - DE/DT

3 BRIAN ROBISKIE - OHIO STATE - WR

Seahawks draft blog

26 Baltimore Ravens - Hakeen Nicks (WR, North Carolina)

Draft Kid

1 Baltimore Ravens- Darrius Heywerd-Bey WR Maryland

2 Ravens- Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati

3 Ravens- Darry Beckwith ILB LSU

NFL Draft Blitz

26. Baltimore Ravens - *Hakeem Nicks (WR) North Carolina

SWEEEEET!!! wouldnt hear one negative out of this peanut gallery..