ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

Nice start to the season for a team that was supposed to stink. Nice sweep of the Blue Jays. The bullpen is getting the job done and the hitting is right on time.

12-7 and in 1st place. No prolonged losing streak.

I like what Schmuck identifies as what is going right for the Orioles in this article...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/bal-grand-slam-042612-pg,0,6265114.photogallery

Here he grades them....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/bal-peter-schmuck-orioles-grades-041512,0,2950374.photogallery

The Land of Pleasent Living...

2234960801_5437f055fc.jpg

We've got an Orioles fan over at Bengalszone (don't ask me how that happened) who is stoked about what Baltimore is doing in the American League. Personally I'm watching in awe. The O's were supposed to be junk, yet keep on winning. Color me impressed.

dont the O's start hot every year? Shit they went 5-0 last year to start and look what happened. The pitching gets figured out, the bats cool down and they pack it in by june. LIke cleetz said we will now a lot after this next stretch.. Im not about to spend a dime at the yard until I see this team by the end of may

Live in the "Now"... :) ....enjoy it.

Garceau talked about going 8-7 over the next stretch. I'm thinking 5-10.

Anything better and this team is turning a corner...maybe the beginning corner...

winston-churchill.jpg "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Winston Churchill

dont the O's start hot every year? Shit they went 5-0 last year to start and look what happened. The pitching gets figured out, the bats cool down and they pack it in by june. LIke cleetz said we will now a lot after this next stretch.. Im not about to spend a dime at the yard until I see this team by the end of may

Yeah I'm way too jaded and cynical at this point. I'll have a hard time getting excited by this team until they don't go into the toilet after the All-Star break.

Yeah they probably will not last, but either way I am a fan so while my expectations are tempered, I will enjoy the good runs knowing that that may not last. If they are improved all the sweeter.

Why be such a downer about them? I don't get it. I'm not saying go give the Greek your money, but just enjoy what's going on. The pitching is absurd, and that hasn't been an attribute of the O's in years.

They're on ESPN tonight. That's weird all by itself.

watched innings 8-13 when i got off last night. All I can say is Whoa. Our bullpen is legit. Does not back down when behind in the count. Mixes it up. Gave up a hit in every extra inning I think but never panicked. Just held it down until we could get on the board then finished it when we got the lead. Buck for Manager of the year

8-2!

I did not think the O's would do anywhere close to what they have done against the Stankees and Sox. I thought maybe 2-4.

This is some real fun to follow. 21 straight scoreless innings from the bullpen.

Haka-Te-Matatini-national-012.jpg

SWEEP!

I can't believe I watched the whole game! 7 hours almost.

Well I read a book while I watched, ate...from like the 6th to 8th inning watched an episode of Game of Thrones...then I stayed with the game.

Davis gets the win [yea...he pitched! both teams ran out of pitchers.]...after he couldn't buy a hit all day.

This game was full of highlight plays...Andino, Hardy, Weiters....Wow....5 out of 6 from the Stankees and Sox...first sweep of the Sox in Boston since 1994.

Go O's!

Today was a very fun game. Our non pitcher pitcher was better than their non pitcher pitcher.

After getting the three runs I would have been tempted to ask a starter to close the game.

My eldest Son has a 10 dollar ticket on the O's at 1000-1 to win the WS..He called me this am, I asked him what date it was..The O's still have to get thru the June swoon, I told him to enjoy it while it lasts.

Depleting a pitching staff like they did over the weekend could haunt them.