ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

Davis is the first position player to earn a win since 1968. It was the first time two position players pitched in the same game since 1925, when Ty Cobb and George Sisler pitched in the second game of a doubleheader on the season's final day.

Fun stuff.

Davis is the first position player to earn a win since 1968. It was the first time two position players pitched in the same game since 1925, when Ty Cobb and George Sisler pitched in the second game of a doubleheader on the season's final day.

Fun stuff.

What's fun for me is watching the Yanks and Bosox fighting over last place in your division.

OK...back in the win column....6-5...Chen gets win...I think 12 strikeouts.....almost blew it in the 9th.

O's did some yard wok..5 hr's.

Game 2 comming up!

Losing three out of four to Texas isn't the worst thing in the world. There was a reason why Texas is the two-time defending AL champs and was within one out last year of winning the World Series. That lineup is spectacular. Everyone one of those guy can hit and work the count. And their starting pitching whiffs a lot of bats. IMO, Texas is the current overwhelming favorite to win the World Series.

The big question here is how we respond against Tampa Bay this weekend. Taking two out of three from Tampa would put us back in great shape.

Yeah!! That's what I'm talking about! What a way to respond! If we take one out of the next two games we're in really good shape! I want a sweep though!

Well we took two so far!

Fridays nights game was a good win. Eveland might have had the worst 'quality start' I have ever seen. Tonights game we should have killed them but we could not take advantage of runnners on base. Since the team has a bunch of free swingers thats goign to happen a lot, and goign to lead to some frustrating losses, but they scored enough.

I went to a wedding yesterday and there were a lot of relatives from out of state and the first thing they said was "How about those Orioles!". I was almost in shock... "you follow the Orioles? I said. "Oh yea" was the reply from about 6 of them.

It seems the O's are gathering a following.

My fashion conscous daughter is in boarding school in southwest Virginia and she called and asked for me to send her an O's cap!

Obviously here in Baltimore the intrest is growing but ...out of state?

Everybody loves the under dog. It's been a great season so far. A lot of fun.

I now remember the feeling of following Orioles baseball.

Well we took two so far!

Fridays nights game was a good win. Eveland might have had the worst 'quality start' I have ever seen. Tonights game we should have killed them but we could not take advantage of runnners on base. Since the team has a bunch of free swingers thats goign to happen a lot, and goign to lead to some frustrating losses, but they scored enough.

Two things that are really concerning me, one a lot more than the other. Starting pitching is really starting to get scary. If these guys can't go into the sixth or seventh inning, the excellent bullpen we see now will quickly wear down (we've already seen this with Lindstrom going down to injury). These starters really need to step up or it will be 2005 all over again. Prospects aren't too bad though. Arrieta is certainly a guy with the endurance to go deep, he just needs to be consistent. Matusz looks like he is finally coming around to at least be a solid 4th/5th starter. Chen and Hammel have been excellent and Britton will be back in June.

This team is striking out way too much. However, two positives one could derive from this. A strikeout prevents a double play, and with the amount of homers this team is hitting, we have big inning potential in any game. In the past we would just strike out a lot, now we strike out but we hit a lot of homers. And to our credit, guys like Markakis, Reynolds, Hardy, Wieters, and even Betimit and Jones are walking a good amount.

My fashion conscous daughter is in boarding school in southwest Virginia and she called and asked for me to send her an O's cap!

Obviously here in Baltimore the intrest is growing but ...out of state?

You can thank the Twilight actor, Rob Pattinson for that. He wears an O's cap wherever he goes. 50 Cent also wears an O's cap a lot. It's getting popular.

The O's out of state following has actually always been very strong. Not that I buy what the announcers feed, but they would always mention the O's crowd at away games. Even in the worst years, you could hear them hollering at various points in the game which was always fun. I especially seem to remember that in the midwest and northwest we seemed to have a lot of traction - Minny, KC, Seattle, Oakland.

I think it's the classic - you can take the person out of Baltimore, but you can't take the Baltimore out of the person...

This is a baseball town. People want to love the O's. Just give them a chance.

The O's out of state following has actually always been very strong. Not that I buy what the announcers feed, but they would always mention the O's crowd at away games. Even in the worst years, you could hear them hollering at various points in the game which was always fun. I especially seem to remember that in the midwest and northwest we seemed to have a lot of traction - Minny, KC, Seattle, Oakland.

I think it's the classic - you can take the person out of Baltimore, but you can't take the Baltimore out of the person...

This is a baseball town. People want to love the O's. Just give them a chance.

And to add to this, for such a bad team the last 15 years the O's get A LOT of national pub. Whether good or bad Rosenthal, Heyman, and Olney always seem to write something on the O's. And Kurkjian is from the area and seems to have a soft spot for the O's throwing us some good pub every once and awhile.

Oh Yea!

KANSAS CITY, Mo.—

The Orioles took their second game from the Royals within a span of 24 hours Wednesday afternoon with another comeback victory over Kansas City at Kauffman Stadium.

With their 5-3 win over the Royals, the Orioles (25-14) went 11 games over .500 for the first time this season and ensured their stay in first place in the American League East for the night.

The victory was their seventh straight on the road. Their 13-6 road record is the best in the majors.

Shortstop J.J. Hardy -- who fueled a ninth-inning rally to force extra innings in the Orioles' 15-inning win Wednesday night -- hit a two-out, broken-bat single in the seventh inning to break open a game tied at 3.

Hardy, who entered the day hitting .357 in May, took Aaron Crow’s pitch to right field for the game-winning hit. Wilson Betemit scored the tying run earlier in the inning when Chris Davis' liner to center went past center fielder Jarrod Dyson, allowing Betemit to score from first.

Adam Jones hit his second homer this series, a two-run shot in the fourth off Royals starter Luke Hochevar that went an estimated 411 feet over the center-field fence. The Orioles are 12-1 in games in which Jones has homered.

And left-hander Brian Matusz turned in his third quality start in his last five outings, yielding three runs on seven hits through six innings. He walked one and struck out two.

The Orioles' bullpen, fresh off eight innings of work Wednesday night, tossed three scoreless innings to preserve the win, with Luis Ayala, Pedro Strop and Jim Johnson tossing scoreless frames in the seventh, eighth and ninth, respectively. Johnson earned his 14th save of the season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-jj-hardy-caps-rally-as-orioles-sweep-royals-with-53-win-20120517,0,902649.story

:bow: BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL :yeah:

Oh Yea!

:bow: BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL :yeah:

Its starting to get fun. I still do not expect too much, but I did not expect 11 games over 500 at this point or any other during the season. Jones and Wieters are premier talents. The pitching has been OK, the bullpen excellent.

I like what I see of Avery.