ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Suggs may have torn achilles

Guest BallTMore

It is a guy I said should be traded but was told I was insane at the time.

Still true. He just won DPOY and was our best player.

This sucks so much! Ruined my day.

Shit happens, though. Hopefully he fully recovers and is ready in 2013

This is unfortunate. Who knew that last season was Suggs' last as a dominant defensive player. I was thinking there would be 1 maybe 2 more years. I'm sure Suggs can comeback from the injury, but I doubt he'll ever be the same. Achilles injuries are so tough to rebound from. Players are just never the same.

I'll be pulling for Suggs to make a full recovery, but it'll be tough for him to make any kind of impact at all this season. Best of luck Suggs! I hope you can buck the trend.

Just stopping by to see what you all were saying about Suggs.

As I said on my board, Hate hearing about a player injury. Of course, the rivalry element pops up and says, "better a Raven than a Lion," but I'd prefer it be neither.

Good luck to home and hope he makes a full recovery. There's a rumor going around on my "home" board that it's not as bad as originally thought and that he'll be back about mid season. Hope so. I'll probably be back before our first game together. Enjoy the summer.

Just stopping by to see what you all were saying about Suggs.

As I said on my board, Hate hearing about a player injury. Of course, the rivalry element pops up and says, "better a Raven than a Lion," but I'd prefer it be neither.

Good luck to home and hope he makes a full recovery. There's a rumor going around on my "home" board that it's not as bad as originally thought and that he'll be back about mid season. Hope so. I'll probably be back before our first game together. Enjoy the summer.

Hey, thanks for the kind and mature words. If he's out for the season, its a killer for us. The only (wild) hope is that Sergio Kindle and Courtney Upshaw can pick up the slack.

Courtney can't pick up the slack. he has to pick up JJ's slack.

What i meant was: Upshaw could be a lot better than JJ and Kindle might provide a shot in the arm too. But its all totally supposition at this point. We'll know a lot more once we see these guys in action again.

It is a guy I said should be traded but was told I was insane at the time.

Not insane...just very wrong on Suggs.

You must not watch him in games...just the other 10 guys. Suggs does it all. He's complete...pass rusher, run stopper, pass coverage, game changer, fearless, relentless and a team leader....his stats are astounding. He's one of the best...at least top 5 defensive players in the game. The Ravens are reaping the rewards of drafting him and you want to give him to somebody else.

Why get rid of somebody who is in the middle of a possible Hall of Fame career?

I think you want to trade any Ravens player who is good.... for what? Unproven draft picks. Get a bunch of bodies hoping they can do something as rare as Suggs does?

I'll start with the worst case senario on this....Suggs will never be the same.

It was Boulwares explosive first step that made his game. Once he was injured and he lost that then his production faded fast.

I'm not saying that he's done...he just ceases to be Suggs and becomes Paul Kruger production-wise.

That's the worst. He can come back 100% or anywhere in between.

If Kruger, Upshaw, and Kindle/McAdoo can't somehow combine to cover both OLB positions, do you all think there is a possibility of moving McClain to OLB to replace Suggs and having Ellerbe or Ayenbadajo play ILB next to Ray?

According to the article he didnt do it playing b-ball.

yeah, I found that out a few hours after they reported. I heard vinny cerrato break the news live on the fan on my way to work, nearly crashed the crab truck on 295. Original reports was that it happened playing ball, thats what Vinny said anyway. I was pissed. I was picturing Suggs big ass trying to dunk and landing akwardly.