ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Insider: Ravens news and notes after second OTA

ExtremeRavens

I feel like I have to preface every one of these post-OTA observation blogs by offering the reminder that drawing any conclusions from these workouts would be foolish on my part. Still, some players clearly make a bigger impression than others and I can say without hesitation that nobody stood out more in yesterday’s session than second-year wide receiver LaQuan Williams . First of all, conditioning was not the issue for him, but Williams looks even leaner and much more explosive than he did during his rookie season. And during drills, Williams showed great speed and tremendous hands, even making a one-handed catch in traffic at one point on a Joe Flacco pass. Williams also beat Lardarius Webb on a couple of occasions along the sideline. With 12 receivers on the Ravens’ roster and the addition of several accomplished special teams players, Williams likely faces another uphill battle to make the team. But something tells me that’s just the way he wants it and he’s more than up for the challenge.

View the full article