ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Looking ahead...

vmax

This team is going to stay competetive...

Projecting 2013 Salary Cap

We know the Ravens are strapped for salary-cap cash this season, but how are things looking for 2013?

The organization appears to be in a solid position so far, according to ESPN analystJohn Clayton’s projections.

Baltimore currently has $15 million of cap space available, which ranks eighth in the league.

Even though there are 24 other teams with less wiggle room, Hensley believes the Ravens could stand to free up some more cash.

“Of course, the Ravens could use more considering quarterback Joe Flacco, running back Ray Rice and safety Ed Reed will be free agents.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/06/12/late-for-work-612-60000-reasons-not-to-skip-mandatory-minicamp/

Or not....

If you are amoung the many who think the world will end in December 2012, then take a peek into the future at this potential O line that you could see at some point during the season...

McKinnie LT, Williams LG, Wragge C, Yanda..(wait...let's have him nursing a minor injury and put the rookie Gradowski in), and Oher at RT..(Let's go all the way...Michael has a hang nail...and put Jah Rheid or Harewood here).

:scared:

That will strike fear in the hearts of defenses...and Ravens quarterbacks...and running backs...

Let's end on a happy note... :thumbup:

"Isn't that Flacco's hand?"

0829-Vince-Lombardi-Trophy.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wont have any wiggle room if Joe dosent get a deal done, whats the Tag # going to be on a QB next season? I think its around 16 mil. Reeds a non issue, this should be his last year, or hell with him not here at camp maybe last year, was his last year.

Sounds like trouble to me reed has said 7.5 mill is disrespectful rice will want at least 8 mill a year and then there flacco who wants top 5 money. So its looking like yinz are in trouble becuase you have other free agents and draft picks to sign. Somebody is going to have to go maybe even two of them. Do you franchise flacco and let rice go do you tag rice again andntransition tag flacco and hope no teams think he is worth a first round pick which wont happen to many teams need a qb.

Sounds like trouble to me reed has said 7.5 mill is disrespectful rice will want at least 8 mill a year and then there flacco who wants top 5 money. So its looking like yinz are in trouble becuase you have other free agents and draft picks to sign. Somebody is going to have to go maybe even two of them. Do you franchise flacco and let rice go do you tag rice again andntransition tag flacco and hope no teams think he is worth a first round pick which wont happen to many teams need a qb.

I am not worried about Reed. He does not have an agent, so we do not have the ability to negotiate with him. I have a feeling we'll either sign him to a CAP friendly deal (win-win, upfront money for Reed) or he will retire. If his demands are too outrageous, then let him walk. Some other team might get two great years out of him, but it's not an enormous loss in the long-run.

Flacco wants top five QB money, but unless he wins the Super Bowl this coming year or has an absolutely off the wall year, I think he will settle into top ten money. Not worried there either.

The Rice situation is delicate. On one hand you have a guy who might be the most popular Raven, is a Pro Bowl player, is huge in the community, and is the offensive leader well liked by his teammates. On the other hand he plays the most dispensable position in the league, and it makes financial sense to tag him for the next two years then let him walk. This is the toughest negotiation IMO. The market is already set with the McCoy and Foster deals, so Rice does not have a lot of leverage here. I am not sure where we go with this one...

Honestly, you guys act like this team isn't already very deep. Who or what position is in such a great need? Secondly if it is a great need, who is so available and so good that we need to go get them? WR looks 10x better this year than last. Our line my be struggling, but honestly, how early is it? There's alot of time to get guys together and get this thing to work.

I project out.

No you don't, you say whatever comes to mind that disagrees with another post or common thinking. You're not thorough in your thoughts and you shoot from the hip.

Then you get worked over and you chose to ignore the topic at hand and you bring something else up. Usually, you get worked over on that too. I'm sure you have some valid points and you seem like a smart person but your thoughts are all over the place and if something doesn't go your way you divert rather than say, "I didn't think of that, or I see your point".

Here's another perspective from Eisenberg....

before you go off howling about how they mismanaged the cap to this point of paralysis, I suggest you to take a deep breath and think this thing through more deeply.

Where the Ravens stand now against the cap is, first and foremost, the price of their success. They have good players. No team has more representatives in the NFL Network’s Top 100 of 2012, and the Ravens’ seven doesn’t include Yanda or Webb, two of their better young guys. That’s lot of good players, and the Ravens have paid to keep them all in purple. That has pushed them toward the cap limit, no question. Haloti Ngata’s deal alone, which made him one of the highest-paid athletes in any sport over the past year, pushed them toward the limit.

It’s not a coincidence that they’re up against the cap but also on a run of four straight playoff appearances.

Frankly, I think it’s better to be close to the limit than at the other end of the list, sitting there with millions to spend but simply not doing it. Fans of those teams have every right to howl. A team with $20 million in cap space is either a) trying to win on the cheap, by cutting corners b) unable to close deals for premier free agents, c) lacking players who warrant big bucks, or d) some combination of the above.

It doesn’t do you much good to have $20 million to spend right now. The free-agent cupboards are mostly bare.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/06/26/eisenberg-dead-last-in-cap-space-not-a-bad-place-to-be/

nfl_u_ravens12_576.jpg