ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens' hidden treasure: Tight ends

cravnravn

The Baltimore Ravens made a risky move when they decided to cut Todd Heap last season and went with two inexperienced tight ends. The result: Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta more than held their own. Dickson exceeded Heap's 2010 receptions total by 14, and Pitta matched it.

The problem is, no one outside of the division really noticed what Dickson and Pitta did. That's what happens when New England is putting up big numbers with its tight end combination of Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, who were both taken in the same draft as Dickson and Pitta.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/tag/_/name/2012-nfl-hidden-treasure

Did you guys catch what Cleveland's hidden treasure was or what the Bengal's apparent hidden treasure was?

I think there are some positive things to say about the Ravens TE's (especially Pitta), but I don't see any hidden treasures there. Pitta is very consistent and reliable, but Dickson needs to be standing in front of a juggs machine catching passes for about 2 hours every day before he can be considered anything remotely close to a "treasure".

The Ravens real treasure? Secondary.

Eh, I don't see a hidden treasure in the TE position on the Ravens.

Sure, Pitta seems solid, but Dickson seems very unreliable and a really good blocking TE seems absent. I really do think Cam Cameron needs a solid blocking TE to make his version of offense work.

Didn't I see someone post somewhere that the Ravens used their 2 TEs more than almost every other team?

Hidden Treasure????

:bow: It's US! THE FANS!!!! :gorave:

4e6d472df309c.image.jpg

What's up with Jihad Jerry wearing the purple diaper on his head in the upper left of this photo?

I think Pitta is going to show us alot this year, however tragically I think Dickson is going to be tons of talent lack of real skill. The guy just drops too many balls. He gets open like nobody's business and his frame is perfect. What's the point however if he's always dropping balls.

Maybe I'm being over critical but guys with the droppsies rarely are able to correct them. It's too bad cuz Dickson is always open.