cravnravn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets better

Ravens | McAlister unlikely to return

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:11:25 -0800

Mike Preston, of The Baltimore Sun, reports it is fair to assume that Baltimore Ravens CB Chris McAlister will not return next season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravens | Rolle unlikely to return

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:05:28 -0800

Mike Preston, of The Baltimore Sun, reports it is fair to assume that Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle will not return next season.

I think most of us thought he would be a CAP cut. He missed 18 games in the last 2 years. He's 32 and comming off knee surgery....the Ravens can't afford to tie up close to $10 mil on him this year with all the key players they have to sign.

This is a sad day for me....I'm a huge McAlister fan....he can still play corner but a move to safety would prolong his career.

What's the Ravens CAP situation now? My guess it's around $27 mil to spend on signing their own + some FA's?????

LOL! Listening to 105.7...every Raven who may leave they say the Jets will take him...the CAP broke Jets!

I've heard Ray, Bart, Cmac, Leonard going there from this station. Sure...they'll give Rex the hometown discount and sign for the vet minimum because that's all the money the Jets can afford. :D

OK...my read....Ozzie's getting his CAP money in order to sign Brown, Suggs, Ray, Leonard ect....here comes the big offer for Ray.

He still can't keep all of them. I'm real worried about losing Brown.

27 mil under, and if the rumormill is correct and we release Rolle that will put us at 32 mil under..Thats plenty of cake..

If that's the case...keep Rolle. @ $5mil he's a bargan at corner.

Hate to see C-mac go, he was a great Raven. However, we need that $8 million.

We are definitely going to be an active team this offseason. I really believe we will retain Ray, Suggs, Brown, and possibly Leonhard. Certainly have the CAP room to do so. I doubt we will go after any big name guys (Asomugha, Robinson, Bryant, or Housmandzadeh), but I do think we will get a few guys that will definitely make this team better.

I think Ray is gone. Unless he takes the deal before FA or his market value is lower than I think he will be gone. Don't forget we have several RFA's and draft picks to sign. That money can vanish quick.

I've been going back and forth on this...right now I think Ozzie will let Ray test the market to find his value (and suitors). His value might be lower than he thinks and his suitors may be losers like these guys....

pic31.jpg

I always liked C-Mac, but the dude just couldn't stay healthy these past 2 years. With him being out, it exposed a HUGE weakness on Defense. I'd like for us to draft a stud who can come in and start right away. Sucks we can't get that elite corner at #26 in the draft.

C-Mac, It's been fun. Two words, Keep it real.