ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

OK Gang...How's Your Faith?

vmax

It's very early but the 2012 O line is beginning to take shape...

With Bryant McKinnie still absent from training camp and the Ravens sounding more like a team ready to move on, they trotted out what could be the future of their offensive line Friday in practice:

Michael Oher at left tackle. Bobbie Williams at left guard. Matt Birk at center. Marshal Yanda at right guard. Kelechi Osemele at right tackle.

That’s not what the Ravens expected in 2012, but McKinnie’s situation is forcing them to adjust in a hurry … and offensive line coach Andy Moeller sounds fine with it all.

“We have enough (talent) out here right now to be the kind of offensive line we want to be,” Moeller told reporters after Friday’s practice.

http://www.csnbaltim...413&feedID=6703

Todays question is "Do You Believe!?"

I wonder if Joe and Ray believe.

And crav...I'm calling you out.

I see you posting how the Steelers O line will have big issues with 2 rookies starting...but those are 2 very good, accomplished rookies. That this will hurt their playoff chances.

How good will Ravens the run and passing game be with this 'cut & paste' lot?

We are going to have 1 rook, we will be fine, The Stealers have 2 rookies and an oft injured center.

JO started as a rookie and did well, no reason Ose wont exceed..He just has a football name Kelechi Osemele just rolls off the old tongue..And Bobbi Williams, has been a full time starter, its funny, I make a cameo on a Bungles sight and and promptly told how much Bobbi sucks, Im sorry but according to the stats Im not seeing, hes only averaging 3 sacks given up per season!!!!!! Matt Birk gives that up a game! Just keeping my fingers crossed that Gino Grad has a hell of a camp and can spell Birk from time to time.

OK...left guard will be a strong point...

Bobbie Williams grabbed the attention of the coaches when he showed up for the start of training camp last week.

The free-agent acquisition has dropped about 13 pounds since minicamp in June, and he was plugged in right away during practice as the starting left guard.

Williams, 6-foot-4, 345 pounds, passed the team's conditioning test "with flying colors" when he reported for camp, Harbaugh said. (And that's not easy to do, just ask Ryan Mink).

"Bobbie has done a great job," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "He looks to be in very good shape. He looks good."

The 13-year veteran gives the Ravens a proven commodity at a position that was once considered the greatest area of concern on the line with the departure of Pro Bowler Ben Grubbs. Instead, his presence has been a breath of fresh air at a time when the team has some lingering questions surrounding the absence of left tackle Bryant McKinnie.

"He is a great asset, and he's going to be great for us at left guard," Offensive Line Coach Andy Moeller said Friday.

Michael Oher, who was recently named the left tackle until further notice, has been playing next to Williams and likes what he sees.

"Bobbie is a great guy," Oher said. "I like being on the side of him. He's physical and things like that, so I think he's a great addition to the team. I'm looking forward to playing with him this year."

Williams is the favorite to take over the left guard spot vacated by Grubbs (6-foot-3, 310 pounds), who was one of the Ravens' top offensive linemen last season.

Grubbs and Williams bring slightly different styles, but the most striking difference is the size of the linemen.

"Bobbie is a little bit bigger than Ben, a little bit taller, longer-armed and has a little bit more range," Moeller said. "I think Ben was a little bit smaller and quicker initially, but Bobbie gives us the ability to be physical on that side, and he's done well on cutting off and reaching and getting his hand outside, and he's done well. So, he gives us just a little bit more of a size presence in there at left guard."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2012/07/Bobbie_Williams_A_Bright_Spot_In_O-Line.aspx