ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

This will be Joe Flacco's year.

vmax

That's what Jason La Canfora says....He said "will be".....

BALTIMORE -- This will be Joe Flacco's year.

Everyone in the Ravens organization senses it, and have since back in spring practices. This has become his football team. He is taking command of Baltimore's offense, and, since the early stages of the offseason, any time I brought up his name to a coach or teammate, the reaction was roughly the same: The days of Flacco being a talk-radio whipping boy, or subject of national debate, were over. He is evolving into an elite quarterback.

Let's make this clear: as impressive as Flacco was tonight at M&T Bank Stadium -- and this was a near-flawless performance against Jacksonville in the all-important third preseason game (a 48-17 Baltimore victory) -- that's hardly the genesis of this column. It's some nice tangible evidence of his continuing development, sure, but this has been building for quite some time, through four seasons of playoff appearances and Flacco's best offseason to date; as obvious in post-practice throws without an outsider around as it was to the 70,000-plus present for this exhibition.

...........it would behoove the Ravens to get their quarterback secured to a long-term deal before this season begins, because if Flacco's performs as expected, in this the final year of his rookie deal, then his price tag is only going to soar.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19888403/a-steady-performer-to-date-this-year-joe-flacco-becomes-elite-qb

Nice article.

Dialed In.

Jaguars_Ravens_Football_111958_team.jpg

There's more getting on the Flacco bandwagon....

The Last Word

There is a good chance this is the year Flacco explodes into a truly elite player. We've heard (and said) this before, but everything is set up for him to do it. In fact, I think Flacco will have almost an Aaron Rodgers type of breakout season and that will lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19937348/ravens-camp-report-its-time-for-flacco-offense-to-lead-the-way

Jaguars_Ravens_Football_111996_team.jpg

Skip Bayless thinks that the Ravens should give Ray Rice the ball 35-40 times a game and stop making it Flacco's offense, how dumb is that statement?

Just consider the source..Where is T-Sizzle when you need him, he would put Ballsless in his place.

If they did that Rice would not last past Dec. I guess he hasn't noticed Rice isn't 235 lbs.

Bayless has no common sense. This is about his dislike for Joe and the fact that Joe was ranked higher than Romo on NFL Network's top 100 list (Romo of course is Bayless' other son along with Vince Young and of course Tim Tebow).

Just consider the source..Where is T-Sizzle when you need him, he would put Ballsless in his place.

Bayless is a joke, he got creamed by Yankees fans and other media members for linking Derek Jeter to PEDs. Here is an example of how much of a joke Bayless is and continues to be:

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/08/23/skipkardashian-pi3_20120823175028952_660_320.JPG

Skip Kardashian - Attention Whore

it's crazy to me to realize that Stephen A Smith is the realiistic one of those two. He was up in arms when Skip was talking about Ray and Reed.

I don't always agree with Stephen A but he keeps it real and makes sense. I usually just ignore Bayless for the most part but what he said about the Ravens was beyond dumb. He truly is ignoring the fact that Flacco gained confidence after his AFC Title game performance and the weapons the Ravens have at WR and TE. Everytime he mentions Tebow he hurts his reputation more and more.

Last year at this time, we were all laughing at Eli Manning for suggesting he was an elite quarterback worthy of the same breath as Tom Brady. This year, Joe Flacco’s catching heat for saying he belongs in that conversation. He does. Fantasy football stats be damned, he’s taken Baltimore to two AFC Championship Games, has won four career playoff games on the road, and was a Lee Evans drop away from beating the Patriots up in Foxborough in last year’s AFC Championship Game. He throws the best deep ball in the NFL and has the respect of his teammates. It’s time we start respecting him, too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/2012-most-underrated-players-gallery-082312#tab=photo-title=Joe+Flacco%252C+QB%252C+Ravens&photo=31276674

:gorave:

A Monday Morning Quarterback (King's weekly article on CNNSI.com) tease from Peter King:

"I'm going to hold my Joe Flacco stuff until next Monday, because I want it to get a wide airing, and because I'd have to keep it too short here. Flacco and I talked a bit about the no-huddle, and how much the Ravens are likely to run it this year -- "I'm looking at our offense as total no-huddle" -- and what it could mean to the efficiency and explosiveness of what they do.

Sorry to keep all you Ravens fans waiting. Come back next Monday to get your Flacco fill."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/28/tony-romo/index.html#ixzz24x92kw8G

I'm looking forward to reading King's article on Monday.

I'm looking forward to reading King's article on Monday.

Me too.

They don't have to call him the next Peyton Manning...just get off his case.

Joe is good. Damn good.

Me too.

They don't have to call him the next Peyton Manning...just get off his case.

Joe is good. Damn good.

Manning????? hes 7-9 in playoff games pffffft

I said it his first year, Joe has a demeanor about him, Ive seen it before with another Baltimore great QB..

I'll leave it at that