ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Am I the Only One Who's Worried About This?

oldno82

It looks to me that the Ravens have a major need: a backup QB for Flacco who could at least guide the team competently if Joe got injured for a few weeks.

Taylor and Painter aren't the answers.

Are there any decent veteran QBs available? Hell, Chris Redman would be better than either of these two.

I saw Redman in 2 pre season games and he sucked.

The guys who are being released are 3's...that's back-ups to the back-up.

Taylor, Painter and any QB who is looking for a job today are not the answer. They all can run the scout team. That's it.

If Joe goes down then so does the season.

Ravens_Rams_Football_112776_team.jpg

Edited by vmax

Painter is the best bet.

He knows the offense and can execute it. Not sure if any back-ups out of work can pick up this offense and run it. He has led some good TD's drives including the only one last night.

Painter...he's got throwing problems. Sometimes he looks great and then he has these brain fart throws.

I guess the bottom line is we don't have a competent backup who could help us win a couple of games and there's no one out there to do it who's available.

A real weakness for a Super Bowl contender.

If Joe gets hurt, Max is right. You can just kiss the season goodbye.

I guess the bottom line is we don't have a competent backup who could help us win a couple of games and there's no one out there to do it who's available.

A real weakness for a Super Bowl contender.

If Joe gets hurt, Max is right. You can just kiss the season goodbye.

You guys are reacting to what just happened in the last preseason game, if Flacco is healthy all year are we really going to address this again? NO They went with Taylor as their backup last year and they were one dropped pass away from the Superbowl. I do understand that with Peyton Manning finally showing that he's not invincible by missing all of last year with his neck injury that Joe could get hurt but it's not going to be easy to just bring in a backup QB who will fit Cam's system. I understand you guys being upset but until Joe actually gets hurt don't waste your precious energy discussing this, your going to stress yourselves out over nothing as it stands now. If he gets hurt you can scream, get pissed off or whatever, don't do it now.

Good backups cost. It is best to develop one. I would love to see TT with the #1's.

Exactly, people don't even want to give TT a chance to see what he can do with the ones. He knows the offense and the organization likes him. They aren't going to bring in another backup QB at this time.