ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jamie Dukes has Ravens in the Superbowl

FlaccoForever

He just said it on NFL Total Access and he said he believes in Joe Flacco (He said write it down) and that he will help carry the Ravens to the Superbowl. He has the Ravens beating the Steelers in the AFC Title game. One of Joe's biggest haters has come around so you know things are different this year. You have know idea how stunned I was to hear that, Dukes has been really hard on Joe.

I don't know...is Dukes ever right about anything?

But your right OTR...it's amazing for a Raven Hater to say something like that.

I love the offense and we haven't had Pita and Dixon on the field for Joe.

I don't know...is Dukes ever right about anything?

But your right OTR...it's amazing for a Raven Hater to say something like that.

I love the offense and we haven't had Pita and Dixon on the field for Joe.

Vmax Dukes was a Flacco hater not Raven hater, he loves everyone else on the Ravens but his issue was with Joe. Dukes picking the Ravens to win the Superbowl (yes he also has them winning it all with Flacco winning Superbowl MVP) doesn't mean they will win it but I was just surprised to hear him say that Joe would be the biggest reason for them getting there and winning it all. Total Access is on NFL Network right now for those of you who want to watch the segment.

Billicks on the Bandwagon.... :gorave:

Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens find themselves in a situation similar to other recent seasons: poised to make another run for the playoffs and contend for a Super Bowl. But this season’s blueprint will look a little different. In recent years, the Ravens' defense has employed arguably the best player at his position at all levels of the defense, but that may not be true this season. With the loss of Terrell Suggs to injury, and the aging (but still imposing) Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata may be the only player to maintain the title of best in the league at his position (defensive tackle). The loss of Suggs, coupled with the void left by Jarret Johnson in free agency, leave the Ravens extremely vulnerable at the pass rushing positions. Second-round pick Courtney Upshaw was brought in to strengthen that unit, but now he is that unit.

On offense, the Ravens still have the ability to play smash-mouth football, but more and more, this offense will begin to run through the arm of Joe Flacco rather than the legs of Ray Rice. The frontline starters on offense present no real concerns, but it is the depth of this team that shows question marks. Behind Flacco, Tyrod Taylor and Curtis Painter offer little hope to shoulder the load in case of injury, and similarly, the running back position is totally unproven behind Rice. Rookies Bernard Pierce and undrafted free-agent Bobby Rainey show promise, but obviously have zero NFL experience.

Schedule:

With the exception of their Week 4 matchup with the Browns, the Ravens will be tested in each of their first seven games that include matchups against the Bengals, Eagles, Patriots, Chiefs, Cowboys and Texans. Between those six teams, there could easily be four division winners when it is all said and done. This will be a great litmus test for the Ravens as they approach the midway point of the season.

Coaching:

John Harbaugh enters his fifth season with the Ravens and is the only head coach in post-merger NFL history to win at least one playoff game in each of his first four seasons. With Chuck Pagano leaving to assume the head coaching duties for the Indianapolis Colts, the Ravens once again are replacing a defensive coordinator. That is nothing new. This time around that responsibility will go to Dean Pees, the team’s linebacker coach in 2011. Jim Caldwell is also new to the staff as he will become Flacco’s fourth quarterback coach in four seasons after serving as the Colts’ head coach for three seasons.

Prediction: 12-4, first in the AFC North.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/afc-north-preview-baltimore-ravens-cincinnati-bengals-pittsburgh-steelers-cleveland-browns-083112

12-4 is a strong prediction against that schedule.

Billicks on the Bandwagon.... :gorave:

12-4 is a strong prediction against that schedule.

12-4 could happen, I wouldn't bet money on it but this is the NFL where you never know what could happen. The 2008 Steelers had the NFL's toughest schedule but they went 12-4 and of course went to the Superbowl ( after beating us in the AFC Title game). I'm not saying the same thing will happen for the Ravens but the possibility is there.

Dukes has been on this for a while, this isnt something he just came out and stated, I heard him call for a Ravens-Packers SB in July.

It's been since June actually (I tweeted him about it) and it's Ravens-49ers not Packers crav. My shock is that he's finally warming up to Joe Flacco and he sees Flacco being the reason they get to and win the Superbowl.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe's made a statement. He has to make two more and he resume is complete. He has to do this week in and week out. (What he did against Cinci, I know he's been durable) Then he has to get us to the Super Bowl. In my eyes he will have nothing left to prove to anyone beyond personal goals. Joe has so far, put his money where his mouth is. Absolutely brilliant performance.