ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bryant Mckinnie

reddog271

This was soooo wierd...

McKinnie, 32, told WNST that the Ravens approached him about renegotiating his contract, but did not tell him why they wanted to do so. :fishin:

“It was a weird conversation,” he said. “There was nothing that was actually said that they didn’t believe I wasn’t a high-caliber player.”

If somebody's cutting your pay you are going to ask why.

Then dig this from McKinnie...

McKinnie said he was fine with restructuring a deal because it was “maybe a bit high,” but still wanted to be paid as a left tackle.

He friggn'n knows he's over paid for what he can give. Nobody who's got game caves like that.

When McKinnie got the news his agent said to walk out and leave that he'll be in demand. The agent shops...gets low offers...or no offers...and they end up signing.

He still doesn't know what bus hit him...

But McKinnie indicated that the Ravens expressed doubt in their recent meeting.

“The thing [they said] was, ‘Oh, I’m not sure if you’re [in] our top five offensive linemen or not,’” McKinnie said. “All of a sudden I don’t know where this came from either. I was just thrown off by the whole thing.”

At the end of the day, being a professional you’ve got to know it’s a business and you’ve got to put it behind you,” McKinnie said. “We’ve got to concentrate on the Cincinnati Bengals coming in here on Monday and figure out what my role is. I have no clue."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bryant-McKinnie-Agrees-To-Restructured-Deal/bcdbb1a9-0c28-4a43-a58a-ff1e024e2787

It's late in life for him to be learning that creditors and employers don't give away money for nothing....he might be learning now.

Not sure.

All he had to do was get into the best shape that he can at this point in his career. It's cost him at least $1 mil and nobody's sure if he gets it.

This whole thing was handled very sloppily by both the Ravens (uncharacteristiclly) and McKinnie. The team should never have waited until the last week to spring this on McK. and McK. was stupid for tweeting his off the team message.

The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I hope it doesn't affect the team's preparations for the Bengals.

What was really stupid was WNST running with it, didnt they fire a reporter (Pinky Lombardi) back when we drafted Clayton and he held out, and he reported that he was at Westminster, when he was not?

My memory fails me about the WNST reporter. I'm old.

I think Aaron Wilson jumped the gun on the McKinnie story too.

Aaron reported what he knew. Bryant said he was out.

I have to agree this was a power play to show Bryant that being an ass and reporting out of shape and late will not be tolerated. Also it makes so he has to play to get his money.

A "Tweet" is not news..Thats just were todays society has went

Tweets are not news. They're gossip. It's what tabloids like Star and Enquirer used to fill their articles. It used to be that reporters would have to have several sources to confirm news. They couldn't just report whatever someone said just because they said it. Reporters have become very lax with their writing in this regard.

Tweets are not news. They're gossip. It's what tabloids like Star and Enquirer used to fill their articles. It used to be that reporters would have to have several sources to confirm news. They couldn't just report whatever someone said just because they said it. Reporters have become very lax with their writing in this regard.

Absolutely right on the mark! You need AT LEAST 2 sources to confirm a story and now they just haul off and write what they 'think' is happening.