ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco's Contract

oldno82

I'd hoped they would have gotten this settled in the pre-season...quote is from the Baltimore Sun via the Ravens' website:

Flacco on contract negotiations as he heads into the season opener: "It is what it is. If they don't want me here anymore, I think it's their loss," Flacco said. "If I'm not good enough to be here, then that's the way it is. If I go out and perform the way I think I should this year, then I think I'm getting more expensive. Things are going to work out with the way we go out and play. It's not my job to worry about it." [The Baltimore Sun]

Mattison is head coach at a college program that is finally moving in the right direction after years of mediocrity. Cam is going to be coaching one of the best offenses in the NFL, again. He built an offensive juggernaut in San Diego. Hard to refute that and not support those two. I didn't think Cam had it in him. I'm obviously wrong.

I didn't realize Mattison was not there anymore, however that does not preclude the fact that Cam will be running a top offense again. I don't like it either, I wasn't a supporter, however it's a fact. And this is clearly Cam's offense. Yes we're hurrying up as Peyton did in Indy and yes we're using techniques to keep the defense on the field and communication techniques to run plays back and forth, but the down the field actual plays are Coryell/Cam like. And if Cam changed to get better by adapting successful portions of another offense, even the better on him as adaptation is never easy for guys with large egos.