ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco's Contract

oldno82

The down the field routes are absolutely Cams. The tempo and pace are not. The way Flacco communicates with his coaches clearly isn't either. I saw alot of those same down the field plays last year.

The difference I saw was that Flacco made quicker decisions and the ball came out of his hands much quicker.

Let's not also forget that Smith is a bonafide beast this year and we did not have Jones last year or a healthy Boldin. There's several factors that come into play for why the offense is rolling right now. It's not just the arrival of Caldwell.

There's no way Cam just said, "You know what, I'm the OC, but clearly I don't know what I'm doing, how about we run Jim's offense instead". Honestly.

I've been a long time critic of Cam. However, you have to give credit where its due. Since the preseason the Ravens 1st team no huddle offense has looked impressive. I believe Cam and Harbs and especially Joe Flacco should get most of the credit. The remaining credit goes to Ozzie for drafting Torrey,Pitta, Osemele and trading for Jacoby.

I will say that Joe has been an advocate of this type of offense for the last 2 years at least.

Last week I heard audio of Flacco speaking glowingly of Caldwell. He knew how to push the right buttons and relay info from Joe to other offensive coaches. Cam's name was never mentioned. If Cam were fired this week I bet Joe would not care at all.

You just proved what I was saying. With Caldwell it's about the communication. We're not running Indy's offense. We're running Cams offense but Caldwell has been a guy that has been able to communicate things between Cam and Joe. It's obviously working. Firing an OC in season is always a terrible decision.