ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Just spitballing here

papasmurfbell

Look, Cowher was a HC for what 10 years before he got a title? In those years the Steelers were always good. I'll take that. I want success and constant playoff appearances. That's how coaches get championships.

Let's be clear, Barry Switzer is exactly what you're talking about. We were not consistently successful before Harbaugh got here. Billick would do well when we had a weak schedule and he would do awful when the schedule got tougher the following year.

Championships are always the goal, but they take time and patience. How long did it take Vermeil? Belichek is the exception to the rule, not the rule. Even Parcells who most people consider a football genius didn't win a Super Bowl after the 80s. His teams were always competitive however.

Dungy is another example of a guy that took awhile to win one. Harbaugh is an awesome coach and what he's done is not an accident or somone else's doing. We weren't getting to championship games before Harbaugh.

For christ sake.

Look, Cowher was a HC for what 10 years before he got a title? In those years the Steelers were always good. I'll take that. I want success and constant playoff appearances. That's how coaches get championships.

Let's be clear, Barry Switzer is exactly what you're talking about. We were not consistently successful before Harbaugh got here. Billick would do well when we had a weak schedule and he would do awful when the schedule got tougher the following year.

Championships are always the goal, but they take time and patience. How long did it take Vermeil? Belichek is the exception to the rule, not the rule. Even Parcells who most people consider a football genius didn't win a Super Bowl after the 80s. His teams were always competitive however.

Dungy is another example of a guy that took awhile to win one. Harbaugh is an awesome coach and what he's done is not an accident or somone else's doing. We weren't getting to championship games before Harbaugh.

For christ sake.

Yager , points well taken. We are victims of our teams success. You can't be top dogs every year but you can be competitive. We are just that and for that we should be thankful. Harbs has done well at making a good, not great, team for the long haul. He will need a few more key parts - which he doesn't have right now - to put us over the top.

Until then, we've got a good organization, strong FO and successful coach.

Things could be much much worse !

For christ sake.

You have to see the issues with 3 river stadium hurt them. They could not afford to give large signing bonuses when they were there. They soon won a championship after they moved to that pit they are in now.

Switzer is a loser and was when he got in the NFL.

So Parcells was not coaching the Giants in 1986?

ny_a_parcells_sy_400.jpg

I swear that looks like the Tuna.

I think Dungy would have won in TB had they given him the chance to finish. In Indy he won when his offense decided to run the ball and his D came around.

All in all Harbs is doing the same damn thing every yr. He will get the same results too.

I think even John's loyalty does not go as far as him losing his own job. I am sure if they said fire Cam or we fire you Cam would be fired in two second.

By the way that is the point of my topic. It is to force him to fix the problem are really fix it for him. Again if he wants to cut his nose off to spite his face he can leave with Cam.