ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Papa Smurf Arrested!

BengalBilly

Looks like you guys won't be seeing him around here anymore. The Feds got him. :cop:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/papa-smurf-and-friends-arrested-in-mob-bust.html

The FBI picked up 32 alleged members of the Gambino, Genovese, and Lucchese crime families today, including ringleader Carmine "Papa Smurf" Franco, in a sweep on the garbage industry in New York and New Jersey. The group faces the usual array of charges — extortion, intimidation, etc. — as well as the illegal purchase of 100,000 cigarettes and the theft of a hot-dog cart, which surely earned someone a nickname.

I knew the Genovese Family..They ran Philly..Bad people man, bad

Its funny I get my quarterly Teamsters Magazine and the last 3 pages are of court docketts, and theres not a quarter that goes by where you dont see a Genovese, Gambino or a Luchiano named mentioned..

And pops, for the record we dont like being referred to as Guinea's :kool:

Edited by cravnravn

I knew the Genovese Family..They ran Philly..Bad people man, bad

Its funny I get my quarterly Teamsters Magazine and the last 3 pages are of court docketts, and theres not a quarter that goes by where you dont see a Genovese, Gambino or a Luchiano named mentioned..

And pops, for the record we dont like being referred to as Guinea's :kool:

Yeah papa. They prefer Wops.

Wop means "without papers". Italians were the early versions of todays Mexican illegal aliens. At least the Italians took the time to learn the language though.

Crav... it's capisce :)

Meanwhile, without making this toooooo much of a political debate, Billy, I would argue about just how much early immigrants learned the language. Enough to get by, of course, and some more than others - you can't overly generalize. But plenty avoided English as much as possible. I think your comparison - or contrast, rather - is off.

My great grandmother arrived in 1912 at statton island, and settled north of Pittsburgh and started my family, she died in 1989 at the young ole age of 96...Could speak a lick of English...lol, I was always Yanni, and my Sister was Leeza, but dam she could make an easter bread, and home made sauce and pasta..

In real life there's nothing cool about the mafia or mob. Just a bunch of thug criminals who sell drugs and rat on each other.

YEAH

IT'S NOT LIKE THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS EVER EVER ASKED THE MOB FOR HELP BEFORE

HELP ON THIS THING I GOT GOING ON