ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Just put my PSL's up for sale

Tornado700

I actually have many reasons for this, especially my health issues. But, this disrespect for our national anthem, flag, and military was the last straw.

I still don't even understand why they are doing this. Just play freak'in football. You're paid millions to do just that.

BTW, I AM ex-military and I love my country. It's not perfect but we are a beacon for freedom and hope. Just ask the millions who have emigrated here from elsewhere.

This is becoming a "Last Straw" for me too.

If they protest Sunday then I'm throwing my jersey on the field.

I don't care what they are protesting.

I have a high stress job, I work massive hours and I am raising 3 kids on my own.

Football is the one non serious thing I have. It's a hobby. An escape. I need a break and I'm willing to pay for it. Football has always been fun and enjoyable for me but now I can't listen to the radio or read about football without wading through mountains of material on this player's protest issue....which has become so muddy that nobody knows what it's about now.

This world is loaded with serious issues. There is a ton of hate, injustice, ....massive harmfull unconscious human behavior. If football was 7 days a week, we wouldn't run out of things to protest.

Football brings us together. Remember this?

thumbnail.jpg

We came together as a community.

It felt wonderful. Togetherness always feels wonderful.

Now this has us all divided and isolated.

All the fans should stay downstairs for the anthem.

Let the millionaires kneel to an empty stadium.

I hope they come out and simply stand like they have for years.

That will mean they are done with this.

That would be good and wise.

I actually have many reasons for this, especially my health issues. But, this disrespect for our national anthem, flag, and military was the last straw.

I still don't even understand why they are doing this. Just play freak'in football. You're paid millions to do just that.

BTW, I AM ex-military and I love my country. It's not perfect but we are a beacon for freedom and hope. Just ask the millions who have emigrated here from elsewhere.

Nothing more American then dissent. I'm sorry you don't truly respect the first amendment and I'm sorry you don't understand why they did it. I'm sorry players have personalities and opinions and don't just play freak'in football.

• Upvote 1

I have a high stress job, I work massive hours and I am raising 3 kids on my own.

Football is the one non serious thing I have. It's a hobby. An escape. I need a break and I'm willing to pay for it. Football has always been fun and enjoyable for me but now I can't listen to the radio or read about football without wading through mountains of material on this player's protest issue....which has become so muddy that nobody knows what it's about now.

This world is loaded with serious issues. There is a ton of hate, injustice, ....massive harmfull unconscious human behavior. If football was 7 days a week, we wouldn't run out of things to protest.

thumbnail.jpg

I'm sorry you don't care what they are protesting. I'm sorry having millionaires standing is seemingly more important to you than someone protesting what they feel is oppression and cultural racism.

At worst, as long as it's peaceful and non disruptive I could care less what the players or guy next to me does during the anthem. But I respect what Colin did and what the players did Sunday. And I respect their right.

Even if I didn't, there is no way a peaceful protest is anywhere near as serious as a violent crime. Not even close. So shame on anyone who happily cheered for criminals but this is the last straw. Maybe if during the anthem Suggs would have threatened to pour bleach on his baby instead of kneeling none of this would have happened.

• Upvote 1

I think the Cowboys did it best and I think a lot of teams this week will follow suit. Didn't see what the Bears and Packers did last night though.

I think Kaep is done, or good enough and asking for too much money, but we're not in on those conversations. All the talk about him remaining unsigned is speculation and I choose to ignore it.

'Nado, I hope whatever is ailing you gets better and that you're on an upward trend soon.

Max, one thing struck me about what you said - " I can't listen to the radio or read about football without wading through mountains of material on this player's protest issue"

Just watch the football then my friend.

Normally I stay out of this topics. But I have to ask, why now? Do you stand at attention when you watch from home?

I have very high respect for all of our veterans, first responders, all those who protect this country in one way or another.

I respect that the flag represents them in some respect. However, it is just a flag, it is not a person.

A person is who died, who lost a limb, lost the peace of mind, who puts their life on the line every day, not a flag.

A person did obstruct justice, drive drunk, hit their girl friend, wife, do drugs, cheat to gain a physical advanatge, and a host of things people do every day that we do not agree with. They play for this team and yet people still not only cheer, but spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this team. People ignore their family, have their kids skip school, take time off of work just to watch these other people, some of whom break laws..

Yet now that some are simply joining arms to show support for those who have been wronged, others who kneel, do you know if they are praying? Some sit, do you know if they are praying? Yes, they can pray standing up.

But I don't pledge allegiance to the flag, I do ro this country, to all who protect it in some way, which includes the plumber, carpenter, burger flipper etc who have far more impact on my life.

In 3 years those who offended you by kneeling or sitting will likely be off this team if not out of the league.

I respect all of your opinions and right to feel as you, say what you do.

Frankly, I would agree with your choice completely if you did so because of the Owner, or even the front office & coaching staff, all of whom decide hos to spend your money, the money they conned you out of for the PSL, season tickets, apparel, concessions.... My best to you.

Then you choose to be ignorant. Kap and others have been quite explicit.

thumbnail.jpg

Football has been the circuses part of "Give them bread and circuses" Now ppl are being forced to see reality.

I think the Cowboys did it best and I think a lot of teams this week will follow suit. Didn't see what the Bears and Packers did last night though.

I did not like how Jones tried to take the protest over for himself.

Normally I stay out of this topics. But I have to ask, why now? Do you stand at attention when you watch from home?

I have very high respect for all of our veterans, first responders, all those who protect this country in one way or another.

I respect that the flag represents them in some respect. However, it is just a flag, it is not a person.

A person is who died, who lost a limb, lost the peace of mind, who puts their life on the line every day, not a flag.

A person did obstruct justice, drive drunk, hit their girl friend, wife, do drugs, cheat to gain a physical advanatge, and a host of things people do every day that we do not agree with. They play for this team and yet people still not only cheer, but spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this team. People ignore their family, have their kids skip school, take time off of work just to watch these other people, some of whom break laws..

Yet now that some are simply joining arms to show support for those who have been wronged, others who kneel, do you know if they are praying? Some sit, do you know if they are praying? Yes, they can pray standing up.

But I don't pledge allegiance to the flag, I do ro this country, to all who protect it in some way, which includes the plumber, carpenter, burger flipper etc who have far more impact on my life.

In 3 years those who offended you by kneeling or sitting will likely be off this team if not out of the league.

I respect all of your opinions and right to feel as you, say what you do.

Frankly, I would agree with your choice completely if you did so because of the Owner, or even the front office & coaching staff, all of whom decide hos to spend your money, the money they conned you out of for the PSL, season tickets, apparel, concessions.... My best to you.

norman-lear-kneeling.jpg?w=669

There have been so many vets and active service who agree with this protest. That said that issue should be off the table. Vets who don't like it should not speak for them either.

All that said until football wants to totally keep out of politics by giving up their antitrust exemption, tax payer funded stadiums, and league political donations then the players should have the same ability to be political as the owners are.

It is a free speech issue and they have the right to protest. There is a lot of valid grievances the African-American community deals with on a daily basis.

I would not have chosen to kneel though. I think it would have been more of a benefit to have asked a player spokesman to address the fans for a few minutes.

And I respect the flag, military service and the country. I also respect all of the players who stood or kneeled last week. Our leader getting himself involved in creating this mess is embarrassing and outside the scope of his constitutional duties.

http://www.armytimes.com/opinion/2016/08/30/an-open-letter-to-colin-kaepernick-from-a-green-beret-turned-long-snapper/

After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former N.F.L. player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.

In that the taking a knee was thought of by a retired Green Beret I am missing how this is an issue. It looks like ppl who just want to be mad for the sake of being mad. Or worse case it has nothing to do with the anthem or the flag and more that ppl like things like they are and don't want black ppl to have equal rights.

Grub- Unfortunately for me, my aliments are not going away. I have a blood cancer, type II diabetes, and just had open heart surgery last June. I am retired law enforcement for 32 years and am retired from the Md. Air National Guard. Thank you for your words.

I deeply love my country and respect our 1st amendment rights. Just as the players have the right to protest, other Americans have the right to protest what the players are doing. NFL rules prohibit the players from not standing, which states that "players shall stand, at attention, with their helmets in their left hand during the National Anthem". It is their own rules which they violate. The fans pay alot of money to attend these games. It is, quite simply, not the proper venue to do so. And an insult to those who have worn the uniform. I hope of you who stand with these players, that you will give this some more thought. And Papa- I choose just the opposite- to NOT be ignorant.

I am predicting that their will be more fights this Sunday than ever. I told my son not to get involved in this sort of politics, by not fighting at the game, whatever the excuse may be. This entire protest is a major distraction and does not belong in the NFL and it's fan base. Like Max said, the NFL brings joy to many fans like me and him. Just play the freak'n game guys.

http://www.armytimes.com/opinion/2016/08/30/an-open-letter-to-colin-kaepernick-from-a-green-beret-turned-long-snapper/

In that the taking a knee was thought of by a retired Green Beret I am missing how this is an issue. It looks like ppl who just want to be mad for the sake of being mad. Or worse case it has nothing to do with the anthem or the flag and more that ppl like things like they are and don't want black ppl to have equal rights.

I know plenty of people he served who really cant stand this country. Like the idiot who was in the ARMY and pissed on the flag.

Grub- Unfortunately for me, my aliments are not going away. I have a blood cancer, type II diabetes, and just had open heart surgery last June. I am retired law enforcement for 32 years and am retired from the Md. Air National Guard. Thank you for your words.

I deeply love my country and respect our 1st amendment rights. Just as the players have the right to protest, other Americans have the right to protest what the players are doing. NFL rules prohibit the players from not standing, which states that "players shall stand, at attention, with their helmets in their left hand during the National Anthem". It is their own rules which they violate. The fans pay alot of money to attend these games. It is, quite simply, not the proper venue to do so. And an insult to those who have worn the uniform. I hope of you who stand with these players, that you will give this some more thought. And Papa- I choose just the opposite- to NOT be ignorant.

I am predicting that their will be more fights this Sunday than ever. I told my son not to get involved in this sort of politics, by not fighting at the game, whatever the excuse may be. This entire protest is a major distraction and does not belong in the NFL and it's fan base. Like Max said, the NFL brings joy to many fans like me and him. Just play the freak'n game guys.

Know that my prayers are with you. I hope and pray that God' peace and comfort are with you and that you know, Christ Jesus loves you.

Now, the "NFL rule" is a falsity about players standing at the National Anthem. It has been passed around facebook too, many fans think it is a fact, but it is yet another fake internet news. The NBA does have that rule but as far as I know, no other pro sport has that rule.

Tornado, all my prayers for you. My father had open heart surgery back in March and moved from his home of 45 years, Mom too, all at the same time. Crazy stuff everyone goes through. I hope your good days outnumber your bad. You're a good guy.

Thanks Grub and Tsyl, and especially what T said. I know that Christ Jesus is with me and also with everyone. I know that He does not like the type of hate that this has caused. Like Max said- this NFL is an emotional release from the daily grind and obligations that we owe to our families, especially on Sundays. It is big time, for me. I, like you, love our Ravens. That's why I said- just play the game and leave the politics out of it.

I know plenty of people he served who really cant stand this country. Like the idiot who was in the ARMY and pissed on the flag.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/26/ravens-national-anthem-singer-resigning/

Ravens National Anthem Singer Announces Resignation: ‘I Do Not Belong There’

Dear Ravens Flock

I am resigning as Official National Anthem Singer of the Baltimore Ravens. The people I've had the pleasure of meeting at the Ravens organization have been nothing but nice to me, however the tone/actions of a large number of NFL fans in the midst of our country's cultural crisis, have convinced me that I do not belong there. Someone once told me to always "go where you're welcomed". This is not an emotional reaction to recent events, rather an ethical decision that part of me regrets but my core knows is the right choice.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to grow as a performer and for allowing me to live out a dream of sharing my gift with you.

-Joey Odoms

Speaking with WJZ’s Vic Carter, Odoms says as a member of the military, he is not offended by the players’ actions but did not want to get mixed up in the controversial discussion.

“I support the protest personally — I fought for that right, but I don’t like people using people like me to attack those people who are exercising their right.”

Toronado I don't know what to say except that I'm sure you know each day is a gift and you are living it fully. Keep positive and spread the love.

As this game draws closer I get more and more conflicted.

I don't like protests during the national anthem at games but it's a reality. I try to look for the good and hope it is raising everybody's consciousness as far as hate, racism and injustice in this country. that's a first step.

Then this is a huge game for the Ravens. They need the M&T home field advantage. They need our support from the second they come out of the tunnel They need Rthlsslxbrrrgrrr to catch a dose of the Baltimore Flu like he does when he comes here.

To not support the Ravens is to support for the Steelers. They would love to see fans booing the Ravens. To see a quiet stadium.

Can't give them that.

So....as of now I think I'll do the usual and yell my brains out. :gorave:

Phew! It took a lot to work that one out!

Ok good for him. I am a vet and I feel differently. How come the ones that scream freedom of speech are also the ones that have the biggest problem when you use yours. The vet that kneeled to the presidential motorcade holding the flag had the right idea. I fully support that guy. Just about every team is off on tuesdays. Why not band together and go and kneel in front of the White House? They had to know there was going to be backlash from at least 50% of America and know they are feeling that backlash. I promise you the second the owners start losing money these protests will be over.

Ok good for him. I am a vet and I feel differently. How come the ones that scream freedom of speech are also the ones that have the biggest problem when you use yours. The vet that kneeled to the presidential motorcade holding the flag had the right idea. I fully support that guy. Just about every team is off on tuesdays. Why not band together and go and kneel in front of the White House? They had to know there was going to be backlash from at least 50% of America and know they are feeling that backlash. I promise you the second the owners start losing money these protests will be over.

That's a good point. Why don't they protest at a time and place that you like better?

Also, are you allowed to post here?

That's a good point. Why don't they protest at a time and place that you like better?

Also, are you allowed to post here?

my point is why go after the flag and the anthem when you risk people tuning out the message and looking at just the disrespect. Heck I bet most dont even know why they are protesting. All they are seeing is the disrespect of the flag and their brain stops there.

my point is why go after the flag and the anthem when you risk people tuning out the message and looking at just the disrespect. Heck I bet most dont even know why they are protesting. All they are seeing is the disrespect of the flag and their brain stops there.

You may be right but the people who don't know why are woefully and probably purposely ignorant.

Also I'll probably be there tomorrow so if anyone wants pictures or autographs let me know.

Edited by Spen