ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Any The Walking Dead Fans?

Robjr83

I like how in the show vehicles seem to breakdown all the time. Meanwhile they've managed to keep this 40 y/o running fine. I guess its just me nitpicking but doesn't that look like a tank they used in Korea/Nam?

walking-dead-dead-weight-governor-tank.j

It looks like this guy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M41_Walker_Bulldog

M41 "Walker" Bulldog

M41-walker-bulldog-tank.jpg

Who doesnt have access to a tank though? I know I do.

Reminds me of when I proposed to my wife. It was like the scene in "Say Anything" where Lloyd held the radio up as "In Your Eyes" played except I was in a tank with the tank gun pointed at her house and the song playing was "It's All About the Benjamins (Rock Remix)". Good times.

My bike is way better for the Apocalypse. It gets way more miles to the gallon and I can get away faster. It's also more environmentally friendly. The last thing we need is for 1 more thing to die from, in this case Global warming and Florida flooding from the melted polar ice caps.

4178985491_674fb8df21_z.jpg

• Upvote 1

I like how in the show vehicles seem to breakdown all the time. Meanwhile they've managed to keep this 40 y/o running fine. I guess its just me nitpicking but doesn't that look like a tank they used in Korea/Nam?

walking-dead-dead-weight-governor-tank.j

It looks like this guy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M41_Walker_Bulldog

M41 "Walker" Bulldog

M41-walker-bulldog-tank.jpg

that's an M-60 MBT they have in the show

All and all a very memorable finale. Kirkman said he wanted to give Hershel a memorable death. He said the more important the character the more memorable the death. IMO Shane,Dale, and Hershel had memorable deaths. I haven't read the comics so what happens next? They spend the rest of season 4 trying to reunite? Kirkman said during the teaser clip the scene with Carl leading the walkers away was from the comics? Does that mean anything?

I know some things about the comics from other forums and Wikipedia. From what I hear they've deviated from the comics pretty far. I guess the rest of season will be about the separate groups. Maybe Rick will meet up with Morgan. Maybe Michonne has Judith?

Have you played the walking dead game? The telltale games one....not the shitty activision one. I just stared playing it. I'm up to episode three. Its a pretty good companion game to the comics/show.

I know some things about the comics from other forums and Wikipedia. From what I hear they've deviated from the comics pretty far. I guess the rest of season will be about the separate groups. Maybe Rick will meet up with Morgan. Maybe Michonne has Judith?

Have you played the walking dead game? The telltale games one....not the shitty activision one. I just stared playing it. I'm up to episode three. Its a pretty good companion game to the comics/show.

I have read the comics too and while it follows some events it often deviates from the comic quite a bit.

The Telltale game was a lot of fun. I just played the very short post game chapter "400 Days" and liked that too.

I'll try to be vague, and I didnt go back and try different things myself, but from what I understand primarily the stories will be the same no matter what choices are made. However who accompanies you (survives or splits) and how others act towards you and each other will be different.

Basically, Carl and Rick are on their own and Rick ends up getting really sick. Carl has to look out for him while he's passed out and that's where the scene was portrayed.

I'm really curious what they're going to do with Tyreese now. He was supposed to be beheaded in the prison, but was brought into the series too late. Herschel never made it out of the prison, so its kinda a win-win as far as comic continuity goes. I think they run into Morgan again soon, but I had to refresh my memory.

One group in prison. One group with Governor. There's even a funny Buzzfeed I saw about it today. Governor gets an army, wants a war, tricks some people, kidnaps some prison groupies, threatens the prison, they fight, everyone loses. Governor really loses. Prison gang in dire straits.

I guess the best I can say is - at least the Governor story line is now over. How grating that was. We get it, he's a psychopath and the two groups don't get along.

I have no knowledge of the comics. I guess I would have just preferred to stay with the ideas of "struggles recreating society" - in the prison - than the continual run, find a group, fight, run, fight, run. Let's actually develop something here.

I suppose I am also hopeful that the Carol storyline will re-emerge and can help us return to the discussion of "what's justice" in a world post-apocalypse. But damn, was this last 3 episodes just a pain. (Yes, the fight was "exciting" to watch this week... but not worth much)