ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Chris Henry Seriously Injured

ForceEight

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry suffered serious injuries after falling out of the back of a pickup truck during a domestic dispute with his fiancee, police said Wednesday.

Henry was found in the road in south Charlotte "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries," according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. Henry was transported to Carolinas Medical Center, the local trauma unit, but spokesman Scott White said he was not listed in hospital records and had no other information.

Police said a dispute began at a home just before noon and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his unidentified fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Edited by vmax

I am not sure if he was really turning his life around with him chasing his fiancee by jumping in the back of a pickup truck but regardless it is sad when anyone dies that young. I feel bad because no one just took a hold of him and help him turn his life around. He also wouldn't have been in Charlotte if he hadn't broken his arm from the Ravens game.....RIP

• 4 weeks later...

As a WVU alum and NFL fan, I have weird feelings about this, outside of the basic sadness I feel for such a talented young player losing his chance to complete his battle back. Henry was not a model player or citizen (as wasn't PacMan Jones) at WVU nor in the NFL, but he did get a second chance and seemingly used it for the better, but his lifestyle prevented his ultimate resurrection. But he was a talent (as is Jones) that could have done well with better support, discipline. Gary stills was another raucous WVU player that would eventually make a living in the NFL because he learned to settle down (with KC then eventually Baltimore, on special teams) but one wonders what it takes for thug-like football players to actually pass muster in the present day. It is a shame that his end came this way when he was still within earshot of making it back; who could have heard?