ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

I dont know his comedy much but Marc Maron's WTF podcast has helped me deal with my commute a lot in the last year. Its basically a 1 on 1 interview. Sometimes serious, sometimes just silly, but its often really interesting. Him and Louis CK both breaking down because they felt the other abandoned them, Robin Williams (sucessfully) and Carlos Mencia (unsucessfully) arguing about being joke thieves, Kumail Nanjiani talking about threats to himself and then his parents for performing his one man show. SOme great stuff.

People I listen to now on Comedy Central radio and like - John Mulaney and Hannibal Burress both make me laugh a lot. Amy Schumer too (never seen her show).

I dont know his comedy much but Marc Maron's WTF podcast has helped me deal with my commute a lot in the last year. Its basically a 1 on 1 interview. Sometimes serious, sometimes just silly, but its often really interesting. Him and Louis CK both breaking down because they felt the other abandoned them, Robin Williams (sucessfully) and Carlos Mencia (unsucessfully) arguing about being joke thieves, Kumail Nanjiani talking about threats to himself and then his parents for performing his one man show. SOme great stuff.

People I listen to now on Comedy Central radio and like - John Mulaney and Hannibal Burress both make me laugh a lot. Amy Schumer too (never seen her show).

Amy was in town a few weeks ago.

I have been listening to Joe Rogans ols pod casts. Some of them are really funny. The Schumer one had me rolling.

Mulaney is my favorite in a really long time. It might be because he's an effeminate little girl like me, but nevertheless.

Mulaney is my favorite in a really long time. It might be because he's an effeminate little girl like me, but nevertheless.

Did you hear his 'greatest meal ever' story? The one that involved no food and Tom Jones on the jukebox? Had me laughing out loud in my car.

Spen

Is that the one where he and friend play whats new pussy cat over and over

then they slip another song in just to go back to playing whats new pusy cat?

He barely does interviews. I think that concept of the talk show dying vary quickly. He is sortof doing a variety show.

In the old days celebs would do late night to promote their movie. In the social media world, a facebook/twitter promotion or youtube video is far more effective on getting the word out.

Does Jimmy Fallon do any interviews, or does he try to be the star every night?

I like Fallon and like the bit/shorts I see. I love the manequin (sp? not sure I have ever typed that word) hands sketches he does. I dont watch the show live, I just watch what I hear about. I have heard similar criticism about him and have heard that he can get old on when someone watches the full hour.

I want both comedy bits and interviews. A good host can make an interview segment interesting. Well usually.

I think the biggest problem with Fallon is that so many of his impressions just plain suck. Some are funny most are lame. At least he has fun.

I love Craig Ferguson but he is too wacky for mainstream... His puppets and robot Geoff put the mannequin gigs to shame. And his impressions also stuck but he knows it and plays up how bad they are. And best of all his interviews are watchable because he talks about what he wants to.