ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

I like Fallon and like the bit/shorts I see. I love the manequin (sp? not sure I have ever typed that word) hands sketches he does. I dont watch the show live, I just watch what I hear about. I have heard similar criticism about him and have heard that he can get old on when someone watches the full hour.

I want both comedy bits and interviews. A good host can make an interview segment interesting. Well usually.

Simmons wrote a great piece about the changing late-night dynamic on his website.

And about John Mulaney, my favorite joke of his is part of his New in Town special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNGz-coRK5w

• Upvote 1

LOL

ah yes

reminds me of those book titles

Running to the Outhouse

by

Willie Makit

100 Yards to the Outhouse

by

Betty Wont

50 Yards to the Outhouse

by

Kenny Holdit

Well played WBAL's traffic reporter Jim Russ. Tell me how 95 is backed up really bad to get me to take 895 where I sit stuck watching traffic breeze into the Ft McHenry Tunnel. You got me. I guess I will call in a motorist report tomorrow about an overturned truck of pot bellied pigs on 95. "Theres pigs running everywhere, the noise, the smell. Oh the humanity!"

I'm stuck with Bob Marberg (sp?) in the afternoons leaving DC. Every day, same report: "95 and the Parkway between the two beltways, should find all lanes open." Easiest job in the world, second only to the writers of Law and Order's "ripped from the headlines" episodes. Change a few names, add a crazy plot twist, cash check.

• Upvote 1

I havent been stuck car in park or off for a long time, I hate it but prefer that to move 5 feet and stop. I have had a number of awful commutes since I started working at this location. It should take 45-50 minutes (30-35 with no traffic) but it usually runs an hour. At least once a week I usually have an hour and a 15 minutes or longer. Last year I had a morning trip that took 3 hours. I was thinking of all the cool places I could make it to in 3 hours instead of work.

Dee, you live in the greater Columbia area dont you? Do you have a back yard? Big enough for me to put a tent up and live there Mon-Friday?

895 has had some unusually frequent incidents the last 2 weeks... 2-3 weeks ago I was the last car into the tunnel before they shut it because of a disabled vehicle. that feels weird. it's like... "where did all the other cards behind me go? did a garage door shut?" cost me 35-40min in the tunnel.

then spent an hour in the bridge northbound last week and an hour in the tunnel because of an accident on the bridge southbound the very next day. and that massive 95 debacle a few weeks ago created an ultimate nightmare on 895 too...

bah. i have figured that if i worked from home or even just nearby, i'd save 600+ on tolls alone... not to mention another 1500 or so on gas... and mileage... and man, insurance would drop like a rock too.

Yeah, if something happens on 95 just about all the other routes become horrible too. My last job I worked at home usually. When I took this one I grossly underestimated gas and toll costs. Even though its a raise, I have less money than I did before. At least I have a lot of time in traffic to think about it all.

I got out and watched the trains moving around the rail yard. It is weird being on the bridge and that train going by. The vibration is crazy.

Smart, I always feel like I should stay in the car. I'd prefer to get out.

Work a mile from my house. :)

Thats perfect. Working at home was good, at times really good, but I got tired of it. There would be weeks when I didnt talk to anyone from work instead just communicating by email. I got cabin fever. A mile commute is nice, quick, cheap and easy.

Thats perfect. Working at home was good, at times really good, but I got tired of it. There would be weeks when I didnt talk to anyone from work instead just communicating by email. I got cabin fever. A mile commute is nice, quick, cheap and easy.

Well, the only downfall is that I work by myself, in a cube, within a windowless office. Everybody I deal with is in CA, so yeah, I get very stir crazy and my email etiquette sucks. :)