ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So it's the Colts and the Jets

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Well one thing we can be thankful for is this game won't be hyped up that much. There is no history between teams named the Colts and Jets. Whew!

Should be a quiet, relaxing week here in Baltimore.

Go Indy Colts! Wish Baltimore had a history like them!

*puke*

Guest BallTMore

Since I'm in New Orleans, I'm pulling for the Saints to win it all now that the Ravens are out.

Me too. Not a fan of Favre.

I think it will be the Colts and Saints. Two-hand touch Super Bowl.

Go Saints!

I hate the Jets. I'd honestly rather see the Colts win. I mean, I hate the Colts... but I have a few people there I can root for - Manning and Caldwell are nice enough.

I'm not rooting for Sanchez. Or Ryan. And not Bart Scott, either - was never a fan here.

The Jets are everything that the Ravens used to be, and I've been pulling for them for the past few weeks. I honestly believed that we would meet them in NY for the AFC Championship. Unfortunately, we can't score 20 points against a terrible defense. While I can't stand Jet fans, I'm envious of what their defense is becoming. Heavy blitzing, quick pressure on the QB, and great play in the secondary? Yeah, we're decent tacklers and hard hitters, but I wish we could get back to the days when we shut down star quarterbacks every week.

Letting Leonhard get away was one of the worst moves we've made. He's a natural playmaker, and we already knew that last year. We may not have been able to afford Bart and Ray, but I think we could've held onto Jim L. Would've helped the secondary, special teams, and in the return game with Lardarius going down. Nothing could be worse than Carr returning kicks.

Glad that Mexico's team got knocked out and I wasn't shocked at the Chargers losing. I thought if the Ravens could get by Indy then they'd be in the SB. They just weren't good enough.

I'll pull for Rex and the AFC all the way.

Once again we saw what a very good D can do to an excellent O in the playoffs and that was refreshing. I don't want to see a league full of Saints/Packers games with no D evident...no competative balance. At least have teams who can put up a fight to stop teams from scoring.

There should be 3 phases to the game: offense, defense and special teams....not one.

Guest BallTMore
What are your guys thoughts on Rex Ryan talking trash about the Baltimore Ravens in the pre-season then him guiding his new loved team to the Conference Title Game?

My thoughts are this: Rex copied Billick and Harbaugh's styles to success. He has a schedule for his players which ends at a ticker-tape parade in NY. Billick did the same thing the year we won a Super Bowl. Wouldn't surprise me if Rex said, "Men, the time is right, it's time to go to a Super Bowl".

He then copied Harbaugh and Cam's success by running the ball and playing great defense in the playoffs while limiting your rookie QB.

So, for anyone that says we should have kept Rex. He's doing the same thing Harbaugh does.

Better players in a few spots... worse in others...

I would take our offense over the Jets, daily - except maybe the wideouts.

Flacco > Sanchez

Rice and McClain > Jones and Co.

OL > OL

They caught the Chargers first... if we caught the Chargers, I would have upped our likelihood of winning 10x.

Better players in more spots than us.

Sanchez is not much worse than Flacco; their running game in total is better than ours; their secondary is better; their receivers are better. They've also got better special teams.

The linebackers are probably about even.

We probably have better offensive and defensive lines. That's it.

I'll take Rice and our running game. I'll take our OL, DL and LBs. I'll take our QB right now. I'll also take our punter and punt coverage units. And until Webb got hurt, I'd take our KR unit too.

I give them WR, DBs, Kicker and Punt Returns.

No comparison between Sanchez and Flacco. Sanchez has had a nice run over the past three weeks, but do not forget the guy threw 20 INTs this season. Flacco his rookie year made nowhere near the amount of dumb decisions that Sanchez made this season. BTW, I would take Cotchery, Edwards, and Keller over Mason, Clayton, and Heap any day of the week.

No comparison between Sanchez and Flacco. Sanchez has had a nice run over the past three weeks, but do not forget the guy threw 20 INTs this season. Flacco his rookie year made nowhere near the amount of dumb decisions that Sanchez made this season. BTW, I would take Cotchery, Edwards, and Keller over Mason, Clayton, and Heap any day of the week.

You think Rex would trade us Sanchez for Flacco, straight up, then? Because I love Sanchez's potential. The guy is already scanning the field and progressing to his 3rd and 4th reads. I'm not sure that Flacco even knows what he's looking for in a defensive coverage scheme.

And considering that Brian Schottenheimer was talked about to take over our head coaching job, I'd definitely take his offensive mind over Cam's. Provided Cameron even has an offensive mind...

Guest BallTMore

Sanchez has improved over the course of the season. Could you really say that about Flacco by the playoffs last season?

Um, yes? I believe Flacco started out with 2 tds to 7-8 INTS, then finished the season with 12TDs and 2-3 INTs. That's improvement. He also started this season really hot, scanning the field, throwing over the middle. What happened later, I don't know. Could be the injury, could have became gun-shy, but Joe did not suck as bad as some fans are making it out to be.