ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

RAVENS SIGN STALLWORTH

ForceEight

Therefore it would be great if our depth @ WR is:

Floyd/Bryant/?TO

We have a new Comedian??

Dont laugh crav but there is an insider over on the Ravens OH board that says TO is definitely a target. He also said that Mason is going to test free agency and is not a lock to come back to us.

Therefore it would be great if our depth @ WR is:

Floyd/Bryant/?TO

We have a new Comedian??

No, not really! Do I think it would be a decent signing, yes...if it is a 1 year dear that is highly incentive laden! Will he help bridge to younger talent, yes! Not saying it is the right move, nor the best move...but it is a possibility that has been discussed amongst NFL insiders! I also put a ? mark in there because I am hesitant about bringing him here.

He might be the best receiver on the roster now besides Mason. Its not a great move, but I think it helps somewhat.

As for his legal issues, I don't know all the facts but he was sentenced and served both his time and a NFL suspension. Like Bisciotti said, I also think people deserve second chances.

By the way... I think Force (though I won't claim to actually speak for him) and I are not upset at the signing because of Stallworth's DUI and record.

The issues are separate.

I don't think he's going to be a particularly good signing for us. I mean, he was cut loose from the Pats ... with Welker and Moss supporting him! (Yes, a simplification, but still)

But killing someone while drunk driving certainly isn't endearing him to anyone either.

Also... can we clarify that the guy Stallworth hit may have been crossing "illegally" ... but that it was not a highway, nor was it the dead of night, nor was it a ridiculous act by the man. He was apparently 'close' to the crosswalk according to ESPN's original account of the incident. It was also a causeway with a 40mph speed limit... hardly a major highway. And if there was a crosswalk nearby, it means crossing was common, obviously. And lastly, 7am in Miami and March is plenty bright.

Also... can we clarify that the guy Stallworth hit may have been crossing "illegally" ... but that it was not a highway, nor was it the dead of night, nor was it a ridiculous act by the man. He was apparently 'close' to the crosswalk according to ESPN's original account of the incident. It was also a causeway with a 40mph speed limit... hardly a major highway. And if there was a crosswalk nearby, it means crossing was common, obviously. And lastly, 7am in Miami and March is plenty bright.

C'mon DC, did you not watch the video? The road was 6 lanes, that's a highway, almost all highways have lower limits when you get downtown, being 'close' to the crosswalk is not being on the crosswalk, and the capper: The police have a video of Reyes running out in front of Stallworth's car to try and catch a bus. Both parties were at fault which is the main reason why Stallworth is not still in jail.

I like the move because I don't think Ozzie has any delusions that Stallworth will be the sole answer to our WR issues. If we start the season with Stallworth and Clayton as our 1 and 2, then I might start getting worried. For now, I agree with all who said it's a good low risk move that can potentially pay nice dividends.

Well, I don't know anything about speed limits on highways in cities... Baltimore's highways in cities only decrease when the highway is ending. And there's no crosswalks or bus stops on our high ways....

I'm just not in the mood for baby steps. We're not in the position of the Orioles or any 'rebuilding' team. We need solid moves that will have definitive results. Questions marks are not acceptable.

DC, the speed limit on Liberty Road used to be 45. The state dropped it down to 35 because pedestrians kept running out into traffic, not using crosswalks, getting killed, etc. It isn't a highway, but some roads become highway-esque due to sprawl. I don't care what the speed limit is. Route 40's speed limit is 40 or 45 also and that has even more lanes.

Also, I was in Orlando in December. While it is a ways from Miami, it was foggy as crap between 6-9 am. I'm sure it's the same for most of the year. Visibility? What visibility?

Just throwing those at you for clarification purposes.

I didn't say I didn't know of roads with speed limits over 40 in cities... I just don't know of many highways. Our 'highways' tend to be walled off, no-walk/bike areas. That's all I meant.

40 in the city, MLK Blvd near 395, etc etc... yeah, they all have high speed limits and are crazy/dangerous roads.

BUT they are still significantly different from 83, 95, 895, etc. That was all I meant to convey.

DC, the speed limit on Liberty Road used to be 45. The state dropped it down to 35 because pedestrians kept running out into traffic, not using crosswalks, getting killed, etc. It isn't a highway, but some roads become highway-esque due to sprawl. I don't care what the speed limit is. Route 40's speed limit is 40 or 45 also and that has even more lanes.

Also, I was in Orlando in December. While it is a ways from Miami, it was foggy as crap between 6-9 am. I'm sure it's the same for most of the year. Visibility? What visibility?

Just throwing those at you for clarification purposes.

All of which become nearly non-factors when the driver is not intoxicated.

• Downvote 1

All of which become nearly non-factors when the driver is not intoxicated.

Since when did speed and visibility levels not come into play when sober people are driving? Sober or not if i can't see you will get hit. Sober or not if i'm cruising 60 in a 40 and you run out you will be hit.