ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

3-0

cravnravn

I think they need to move the rookie, Young, into the starting rotation in place of Smith.

He is faster & quicker, Smith has lost 3 steps because of age and injury, he can't cover a hill of beans, maybe the rook will do a better job..

I was thinking Wright was more of the problem... either way both are horrible. Tayvon Young looks like another Ozzie late round jem.

I was thinking Wright was more of the problem... either way both are horrible. Tayvon Young looks like another Ozzie late round jem.

The team is high on Wright for some reason. He tackles pretty well and is good off the edge blitzing but you are right, his coverage is not very good. He and Smith are about ro be abused , again..

lol ProFootbalFocus rank of DBs

28. Baltimore Ravens

Top CBs: Jimmy Smith, Shareece Wright, Kyle Arrington

Key stat: Smith surrendered six touchdowns last season, a career-high.

In the first four seasons of his career, Jimmy Smith surrendered only six touchdowns, a figure he matched during a disappointing 2015 season that also featured a career-high 10 missed tackles. A return to his fine form of late 2013 and 2014 (before injury cut his breakout season short) would be a boost for a Ravens’ secondary that is relying on veterans like Shareece Wright, Kyle Arrington, and Jerraud Powers to produce at levels that they have only shown sparingly.

Smith is OK but he's not a shutdown corner by any means. He is adequate. Wright keeps getting picked on---successfully.

I am not sold on him even being adequate. He is either being burned or getting a penalty, factor in his salary and he is really costing the team. Up next Amari Cooper who truly took Smith and the Ravens to task last year, as a rookie....

I look at this 3-0 start as grace from the football gods. They knew this Ravens squad needed an extended training camp to get it together and find themselves.

But time is running out. There's only so much grace to go round.

Oakland is good but they aren't a top team. Then we have Washington and NYG the two weeks after that. Sure we could lose all three games, but each of those three teams are a similar talent level to us. Even 1-2 in those games puts us at 4-2, 2-1 at 5-1. I think any of us on this board would take either of those two starts.

Then we have the Jets after that before the bye. A good team, but not much different than the quality of team we'll have already played.

Oakland, Washington, NYG & NYJ, we have a 50-50 chance of winning each of these games IMO.

Oakland has the worst defense in the NFL, they are giving up 476 yards per game, this is just what the doctor ordered. Plus we are at home, plus I've always believed in the West coast teams coming east for a 1:00 game is an edge to the east coast team.

Yes we lost last year to an unknown Carr, I expect different results Sunday.

Crav, dont be blinded by a 3 game sample set. Its true their D has underpeformed but our O hasnt exactly lit things up either.

Whose to say they arent just as overdue on D as we are on our offense ?

Oakland has a lot of offensive firepower and some real studs - Carr, Murray and Cooper - that will providea formidable challenge to our D.

Lets hope our D doesnt sell these guys short on such a small sample size.

Expect another grind it out nailbiter. Imagine that !