ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pro Football Focus ranks the Ravens offensive line as the league’s 10th worst

papasmurfbell

How are stats subjective?

Simply put, one can view a player giving up a sack on a play, but if said player was not supposed to be blocking the defender who made the sack, it would be a guess as to who us at fault without knowing the scheme. Same for run blocking, sure, sometimes it is obvious, other times not.

I find it difficult to believe they sit around watching every play of every player in the league, thus, how do they derive their stats?

What constitutes a good block? Just getting in the way?

Do they count a player getting to the 2nd level, but never makes a block on said level?

Is a player really great if they had 4 sacks in a game but in each imstance, he was never blocked?

Do they count the number of times a defense only rushes 3 but the offense is in max protect and the right tackle has no one to block? Thus, a play where he "gave up no sack".

Simply put, one can view a player giving up a sack on a play, but if said player was not supposed to be blocking the defender who made the sack, it would be a guess as to who us at fault without knowing the scheme. Same for run blocking, sure, sometimes it is obvious, other times not.

I find it difficult to believe they sit around watching every play of every player in the league, thus, how do they derive their stats?

What constitutes a good block? Just getting in the way?

Do they count a player getting to the 2nd level, but never makes a block on said level?

Is a player really great if they had 4 sacks in a game but in each imstance, he was never blocked?

Do they count the number of times a defense only rushes 3 but the offense is in max protect and the right tackle has no one to block? Thus, a play where he "gave up no sack".

There are guys at every game who watch to add up stats. Like tackles are not given at the end of the game.

There are guys at every game who watch to add up stats. Like tackles are not given at the end of the game.

Yes, I know, team guys who keep the stats.. My point, 5 guys every play of every game of every team. They, PFF or any other stat machine, gets their stats from team pages on sacks given up or yards per attempt, per carry...

Just an eh to me.