ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is Joe's back injury really that serious?

Tornado700

Joe fell on his sword today....

"Listen, I'm going to put it on me every time as a quarterback of this football team," Flacco said Wednesday. "That's what it's all about." In assessing his play, the quarterback believes he needs to "trust the pocket," show more patience to allow his receivers to get downfield and make smarter throws. "It's your job to stand in the pocket or get out of it and make a play," Flacco said. "That's what the league comes down to is the ability to do that when times are tough. Anybody can sit back there and do it when it's easy, but there's going to be a handful of situations every game where they're getting paid too. And when you really make your money and you make your points and prove you're a good offense is when you're doing it against tough situations."..."It's your job to stand in the pocket or get out of it and make a play," Flacco said. "That's what the league comes down to is the ability to do that when times are tough. Anybody can sit back there and do it when it's easy, but there's going to be a handful of situations every game where they're getting paid too. And when you really make your money and you make your points and prove you're a good offense is when you're doing it against tough situations."

When your arm gets hit on a 3 step drop as you are trying to throw a pass, yeah, it is on the qb.

Does he miss open receivers? Throw it to a trusted receiver in tight coverage over the middle rather than throw it to a receiver down field before he makes his break?

Tell me papa, if you read the safety to cover 1/2 the field and the corner to the power side to be in zone but the receiver is reading 1/4's coverage. You throw the timing pass expecting the receiver to be breaking on a skinny post and instead they cut the route short, is that on Joe?

Do you see a receiver wide open on the weak side and Joe barely has time to get to his 2nd read, who do you blame?

Do you know his progressions on the play? Who was 1,2 or 3?

I am not saying Joe is never to blame, & yes, there are times when he holds it too long, waits for a receiver to break open before he throws it, or checks down too quickly because he does.

I am saying he also has not been given much to work with over his time here. We saw with Kubs what could he could do with a decent line, consistant play calling amd proper route combinations.

But no quarterback in the league that is any good has had to put up with poor receivers, poor line play and a constant change over in offensive coordinators: none.

Here's some more....

"We're having a couple of chances for big plays in all of our games," Flacco said. "We're not getting a ton of chances, but we're having a couple chances and we're not making them. … It's probably four plays here or there and it can be a different ballgame."

Flacco acknowledged one of the issues has been his propensity to rush throws.

"I've been a little bit quick to get the ball out of my hands at times," he said, adding that he needs to "just hang in there and trust the process, trust the pocket … And I might have to step up and make some plays here and there. … When some of those big plays are presented to us, they're there, they've been pretty easy, you can make them in your sleep and we haven't made them."https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/10/04/joe-flacco-takes-blame-for-ravens-offensive-struggles

Bottom line, Joe is overpaid and the team is suffering for it. If we ever win another superbowl, the first thing I am going to do is call SteveB. and ask if I can have two club level season tickets on the 50 yard line.

For free.

For life.

When your arm gets hit on a 3 step drop as you are trying to throw a pass, yeah, it is on the qb.

Does he miss open receivers? Throw it to a trusted receiver in tight coverage over the middle rather than throw it to a receiver down field before he makes his break?

Tell me papa, if you read the safety to cover 1/2 the field and the corner to the power side to be in zone but the receiver is reading 1/4's coverage. You throw the timing pass expecting the receiver to be breaking on a skinny post and instead they cut the route short, is that on Joe?

Do you see a receiver wide open on the weak side and Joe barely has time to get to his 2nd read, who do you blame?

Do you know his progressions on the play? Who was 1,2 or 3?

I am not saying Joe is never to blame, & yes, there are times when he holds it too long, waits for a receiver to break open before he throws it, or checks down too quickly because he does.

I am saying he also has not been given much to work with over his time here. We saw with Kubs what could he could do with a decent line, consistant play calling amd proper route combinations.

But no quarterback in the league that is any good has had to put up with poor receivers, poor line play and a constant change over in offensive coordinators: none.

What timing plays? Joe only throws to open guys. He almost never throws a receiver open. But he also doesn't throw with guys in his off time either. He is a 9-5 QB. Nothing extra in him.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/92594/joe-flacco-has-completed-twice-as-many-deep-passes-to-defenses-than-ravens

Joe Flacco has completed twice as many deep passes to defenses than Ravens

After four games, Flacco has completed only two passes on throws of 15 yards or longer and has been intercepted four times on such passes. That means twice as many of Flacco's deep throws have gone to the other team than the Ravens themselves.

At least someone is catching Joe's balls.