ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Infinity War

GrubberRaven

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/11/am-groot-goes-viral-as-students-resume-and-cover-letter-submission.html

'I am Groot' goes viral -- as student's resume and cover-letter submission

This student gets an A for audacity.

A Texas teacher asked students at a career education center Tuesday to pick a Marvel comics character, then create a resume and cover letter for that character, as part of a job-search exercise.

One student took a unique approach.

The student chose Groot, the “Guardians of the Galaxy” hero known mostly for repeating the line: “I am Groot.”

So the resume and cover letter the student submitted contained nothing but the phrase "I am Groot" over and over again.

When the submission was posted online, it went viral.

The student received a 95 out of 100 because of his creativity, Jeff Davis, a teacher at Wichita Falls Independent School District, told the Times Record News.

“The idea that you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take lives within one particular student of mine,” Davis wrote on Facebook.

"I think that it going viral is something that is pretty cool," he continued. "Some friends of mine that live in other states have told me how they heard about it on the news and how it seems kind of surreal to know someone that was a part of something so popular."

Davis said he never thought the post would go viral. It received more than 63,000 reactions and 174,000 shares on Facebook as of early Friday.

The teacher also said another student took on the role as Daredevil – “A blind lawyer by day, crime fighter by night.”

"The resume was turned in, written in normal Times New Roman print, but there was another attachment that the student changed to represent the braille dots," he told the newspaper.

Love this kid.

Sorta watched it, but didn't understand a thing. I guess I should pay more attention next time. Wasn't really a fan of the first one.

633.gif

OK, saw DP2 and really enjoyed it. What they did with X-Force was great, but they showed all the good stuff in the trailers, so that was disappointing.

They didn't come close to showing all the jokes in the trailers.

Went with the whole family to see this. Loved it...and love those reclining chairs.

My guess is none of them are dead. Some kind of time travel will clear that up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chris-pratt-responds-fans-still-194329540.html

Warning: Spoilers for “Avengers: Infinity War” below!

“Deadpool 2” and “Solo” may be new at the movie theater, but people still can’t stop talking about “Avengers: Infinity War,” which came out on April 27.

Some Marvel fans were upset by the way Chris Pratt’s character, Star-Lord, let his emotions get the best of him in a critical moment during the battle against the villain Thanos.

During a pivotal scene, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy are holding Thanos in a trance as they try to wrestle his infinity gauntlet away from him. The infinity gauntlet, if adorned with all six infinity stones, would make Thanos essentially a god.

Just as they nearly have it, Star-Lord learns that Gamora, the woman he loves, has been killed by Thanos. In a rage, Star-Lord starts punching Thanos, which releases the villain from his trance and allows him to reclaim the gauntlet.

Some fans have given Star-Lord a tough time on social media.

Ouch. But Pratt doesn’t think it’s fair to blame Star-Lord ― neither do the movie’s directors ― and he has responded to the fans over his character’s emotional outburst.

“The guy watched his mother die. He watched as his father figure died in his arms. He was forced to kill his own biological father and now has suffered the loss of the love of his life,” Pratt told RadioTimes.

“And also, I blame Thanos, OK? Jeez, how come he’s not getting any blame? Clearly, I’m very sensitive about this,” Pratt laughed.

• 1 month later...