ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So the injury bug has begun

papasmurfbell

Just curious when you're going to look for a job. So far, this appears to be your full time job- ripping the coach, his staff, the players, and the Ravens in general. We have two insignificant injuries.

BFD.

INJURIES HAPPEN.

I've been watching football for decades and any team can and will have some injuries. So far, we've only had a few that are out for a few weeks and only one or two longer term ones (Deshaun Elliot, Jaleel Scott). It's ridiculous to believe you can go through camp, preseason and the regular season without incurring a handful of injuries.

Hurst wasn't any better than Boyle nor the other highly drafted waste of a pick Max Williams were in their rookie pre season games.

Henry has been decent, I would hardly call him the best linemen last year, Judon had a great season too. This team is loaded with defensive linemen,

Eh, lb in designation only for Judon. The Ravens run basically a 5- 2 most of the time, they just rotate which side covers the flat if/ when needed. Sometimes that means Judon would drop, thus the designation of olb, rather de or dt.

It matters little except for money... None of them, the lbs, can cover very well.

Losing Hurst for 3-4 weeks hurts but is not critical. Ditto for Henry.

I agree Hurst was having a very good pre-season.

Joe also had a very good pre-season and I think he elevates the play of Crabtree, Brown, and Snead. And vice-versa.

Hurst and Henry are really good yet there is depth to make up for their loss.

I've seen enough of Hurst to think he'll be as good or better than Pita. He's not Todd Heap...yet.

Henry needed time to develop and he's coming along well. I believe he emerges out of the pack this year. I'm very glad the Ravens were able to stash him his rookie season.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/ravens-stanley-jean-baptiste-feared-to-have-broken-arm/

Ravens' Stanley Jean-Baptiste: Feared to have broken arm

Jean-Baptiste is feared to be dealing with a broken arm, Garrett Downing of the Ravens' official site reports.

Jean-Baptiste exited Thursday's preseason finale with a right arm injury and was later seen with his arm in a cast and a sling. He'll likely land on injured reserve as a result, and his 2018 season may be over before it began.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/ravens-kenny-young-injures-knee-in-preseason-finale/

Ravens' Kenny Young: Injures knee in preseason finale

Young was seen with his left knee wrapped after Thursday's preseason game against the Redskins, Garrett Downing of the Ravens' official site reports.

Young, who's competing with Patrick Onwuasor for the starting weakside linebacker, will reportedly undergo an MRI later Friday to determine the extent of his injury.

JP is not a big loss, though I hoped he would pan out, fast, tall, long, reads the ball well in the air.... But he struggles with coverage...

Young is an interesting one, Onwuasor has reached his potential, an average at best linebacker who can't cover nor work through traffic.

But Young has the size & speed, a higher ceiling. He is raw, could this be another phantomm injury, to stash him until next year on ir?