ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Of all the millennial crap- Runningback union

tsylvester

They certainly should care about themselves and for themselves, I'd never suggest otherwise.

I thought it was you. You're a good example a fan who has disdain for the players. But with you i do not expect anything else.

I am all for a player to maximize his money on a personal level. But once they have a contract they need to be there. Players are cogs. They are needed to work together to maximize success. I want players who are good to be compensated fully. RBs have to many e examples of guys who are drafted late and are among the best at their position. The position has to short a shelf life for them to get their just compensation. Also vets who do nothing once they get their payday are to prevalent. There are to many Hayneworth types in the league.

Maybe the RBs standing up will push the NFLPA to do for them. By that the RBs should push for an incentive based league. That way guys who stand up fast can get paid. Guys that don't turn out wont. Vets who fall apart will stop getting paid. Make the league fully merit based.

Good topic max. An example of how the game is changing, fullbacks, traditional, have by & large been moved out of the NFL. Maybe they should start a new union.....

So you are saying the RB position is evolving out of the league?

No, the FB position as it was known. Runningbacks are now being looked at much differently, as pass catchers, not just running.

Gone or soon to be gone are 300 carry seasons, now it is about touches. If they can't run routes, catch passes they are pretty much uaeless in the league for the most part.

So a player either has evolve with the position or be a one year player for x amount of teams never seeing that huge pay day, but making a nice living monetarily speaking.

He steps up with open hands and either blocks a blitzer or scuttles out to the middle. Sure, big hits come in the open field, but nothing as many times as rushing head first into the los; why do you think so many linemen have concussion issues the longer they play.

Good topic max. An example of how the game is changing, fullbacks, traditional, have by & large been moved out of the NFL. Maybe they should start a new union.....

Or maybe they should just listen to someone mock their ideas and generation. And also advise them on how they should live their lives and what they should be happy making.....

Edited by Spen