ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Raiders imploding already!?

tsylvester

The Oakland Raiders probably regret their investment into Antonio Brown already, given that the team is planning to suspend the star wide receiver before the season even begins after he got into some kind of incident/altercation/heated argument with GM Mike Mayock, according to a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Per Vic Tafur of The Athletic, Brown had to be "held back by a couple of teammates" when confronting Mayock. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the incident did not get physical, however Brown did say he would punch Mayock -- his boss! -- in the face and then punted a ball, Nick Nolte "Blue Chips" style and told Mayock to fine him for that. You can't even make this stuff up.

The other thing that could happen, that the Raiders like here? They can void the guarantees in his contract by suspending him for conduct detrimental, based on language in his contract. That would mean a loss of up to $29 million in guarantees and the Raiders potentially going after his signing bonus.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-reportedly-planning-to-suspend-antonio-brown-after-incident-between-wr-and-gm-mike-mayock/

Well-well-well,

Oakland Raiders receiver Antonio Brown, after a confrontation with general manager Mike Mayock on Wednesday in which disparaging language was used by Brown, has issued "an emotional apology" at a team meeting on Friday morning, a source told ESPN.

The source said Brown issued the apology with team captains "standing with him" and that the team "treated him like a family member" afterward.

A first of its kind.... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27551830/source-ab-apologizes-team-initiated-gm-tiff?platform=amp

OMG!

You can't make this up....

There is "no way" Antonio Brown plays for the Oakland Raiders, the wide receiver told ESPN's Jeff Darlington in an email Saturday.

Brown told Darlington the team "took away my (contract) guarantees" and added, "no way I play after they took that and made my contract week to week."

The Raiders fined Brown more than $215,000 for conduct detrimental to the team, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.
By fining Brown, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal, sources said.

In addition, the Raiders sent Brown a letter that he no longer will be entitled to termination pay in the event that they release him, sources said......https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27558696/brown-no-way-plays-losing-guarantees

Classic "Fool and His Money" story.

At least the Raiders finally got this right after the long list of blunders.

a-fool-and-his-money-are-lucky-enough-to

Let's take a peek at the reaction from the Raider team and fans....

tumblr_oy8kjj7d0Z1qmob6ro1_500.gif

Edited by vmax

That could be agrued, all he did was; get injured during rehab (stupid mistake on his part, granted), legally fight for a right helmet, petty perhaps.

Then, discuss the team possibly fining him with his gm, ok, a heated arguement.

Sure, he posted some silly things on his twitter page, but nothing that threatened the team in any way.

Posted a phone call recording, illegal, but the person he recorded, his head coach, liked it.

So, outside of what he always does, which they knew when they signed him, hates practice, what has he done that is a breach of the CBA?

Very little, very little that is even a breach of his contract...

I wonder who made the decision to release him since Mayock said he would not be fined and playing Monday..

https://nesn.com/2019/09/antonio-brown-odds-patriots-of-course-betting-favorite-to-sign-receiver/

Antonio Brown Odds: Patriots, Of Course, Betting Favorite To Sign Receiver

SportsLine @SportsLine Now that Antonio Brown has been released by the Raiders, which team will he play his first game with in 2019? Patriots: 2/1 49ers: 5/1 Packers: 6/1 Cardinals: 7/1 Seahawks: 9/1 Ravens: 12/1 Giants: 16/1 Dolphins: 18/1 Steelers 25/1

Gruden's response

"We just have exhausted everything. We tried every way possible to make it work," Raiders coach Jon Gruden said. "And all I'm going to say, is that it is disappointing. I'm really proud of our players, our coaches, our owner, our front office. We did everything we could to make this work. I'm sorry it didn't. I apologize, but I will tell you that I am very proud of what we did as an organization to try. And I wish Antonio nothing but the best. And I'm sorry we never got a chance to see Antonio in the Silver & Black."

Sorry coach, but I disagree. You knew he was/ is a snow flake, a "free I will do what I want" player with great talent. He did not beat his wife/girlfriend, did not take drugs to fail drug tests and be suspended, did not get into bar fights nor get caught drunk driving.

He is a diva, a social butterfly, you knew this, if you were to do everything, you would have kept him and just accepted his antics. Thus, you lied to your self, your players, your fans when you signed him, when you said yesterday that you & he were looking forward to the season with him and he was playing Monday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27559625/exhausted-everything