• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:02 AM

Peace sign behind someone's head when taking a picture- bunny ears. People do silly things in pictures- photo bomb...

Intent- proving what is in a person's heart & on their mind.

Only by reviewing their past and present can we possibly have a clue, even then, people do change.

Sure, he might have done it with bad intent, I grant you, but you & I have no idea nor do the Zingers.

#22 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:56 AM

but when has the ok symbol been to do something funny?

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#23 tsylvester

tsylvester

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

Shoot, really? My siblings & I used to use them on our eyes to simulate funny glasses. I did the same with my kids, nephews, nieces, friends children etc

I am sure we are not the only non gang, hate group to do so. I can go through an entire list of ways the ok sign has been used by me and many more people for silly, funny stuff.

As I said, I know some use it for the intent as described by hate groups.

However, what are we going to do, ban everything they decide to commandeer that once was used by millions for fun?

One way to stand up against bullies, hate groups is to not give in, in this instance to not let them have it.

#24 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:21 PM

and the glasses thing was dcades ago and an obvious humerous intent.  not what this guy did.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#25 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

Know how many times I hold my breath when people use the term retard? Short bus, etc when discribing or trying to insult someone, especially on line?

Guess what, it is up to me to be offended by their use of those words, those gestures.

If they are using is generally then I understand not letting it bug you. If is directed specifically at someone or to bother someone then its far more bothersome. (to me at least)

Looking at that picture I see no way that was done innocently or playfully. Its a strange pose. A purposeful one,

Hi.

#26 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:10 PM

I do not feel bad for the guy who got fired, he probably has a job at Fox News waiting for him now,

Hi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users