21 replies to this topic

#21 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (vmax @ Feb 12 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's more speculation on the Ravens off season plan...

I still feel Suggs and Brown are #1 & 2 on the need list....of course I want Ray, Bart, Koch, and Leonard also...smile.gif

I heard Rod Woodson in his interview with Suggs keep saying the Ravens will tag him (on NFL.com)....that is a very real senario.
The rumor on Ray is that he wants a $20 mil signing bonus...the Ravens are offering $15-17.
It looks like the Ravens will part ways with CMac saving $8 mil. It's tight, but the funds are there to keep most of these players (but not all).
I don't see a ton of CAP space getting tied up with Leonard, Koch and Landry.

Any and all of these guys may hit the market to find their value and Brown is the one I worry about as far as getting offered crazy money for his position. We've seen it happen before with Pashos and Weaver. Ozzie needs to put the squeeze on Jason...offer him a great "One Time/TODAY" contract with it being withdrawn if Brown goes to market.

Money has to be ear marked for the draft picks...yea....it's tight.

"Who knows if I'll be back..."

Max, agreed. We need to keep Brown - he's THE GLUE to our OL. Without him, we are starting over.
I dont care how well Chester played. He's no Brown. Oz, find to way to lock him up !

#22 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (vmax @ Feb 12 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any and all of these guys may hit the market to find their value and Brown is the one I worry about as far as getting offered crazy money for his position. We've seen it happen before with Pashos and Weaver. Ozzie needs to put the squeeze on Jason...offer him a great "One Time/TODAY" contract with it being withdrawn if Brown goes to market.

Money has to be ear marked for the draft picks...yea....it's tight.

Here is the difference with Brown than Pashos and Weaver. Pashos and Weaver were average to above-average players that good great contracts. Brown is arguably a top three center in the league, he is worth top dollar where as Pashos and Weaver were not. There is certainly more flexibility with a counter offer for Brown because he is worth it. I do agree though, Ozzie should come out right away with Brown and offer him a contract to make him a top paid center to show how much we value him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users