• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 ForceEight

ForceEight

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

Suggs doesn't care about the tag. Not like McAlister did.

He was just on NFLN the other day and all Woodson could repeatedly spit out was that he'd be tagged. He laughed it off each time.

I'm glad we don't have to watch him leave, at least.

#22 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

Brown deserves to be paid like a guard. Lets just hope that we can get a deal done with Suggs by Thursday. I am hopeful, it sounds like Suggs really wants to come back. If we can sign Suggs long-term, I am sure that tag will go on Brown.

#23 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

We Tag him, he will not show up until the last week of camp.

#24 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,322 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right crav...hell...I'd be pissed too if I had $8 million dollars guaranteed...probably be depressed for a month or two...

The simple fact is, all this 22-year-old has done since entering the league is charm his teammates, win over his coaches, make spectacular plays, get better by the week and, oh yeah, win football games (now 7-2 in starts, including the playoffs). He has been a beacon in the community, with a natural joy about him and a positive energy you can see in the clips of his interactions with young fans at training camp.

#25 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

Understand, when you hit him with the Tag he dosent get paid til week 1 of the season

#26 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Understand, when you hit him with the Tag he dosent get paid til week 1 of the season

Yes, but as soon as he signs the tender he is guaranteed that $10.2 million check the first week of the season no matter what. Of course, unless he works out an extension! biggrin.gif

#27 ForceEight

ForceEight

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I don't disagree with that at all. And I don't really blame him.

Nevertheless, I don't think he is really all that concerned.

#28 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

But if he shows for Camp, and gets hurt, he gts doosquat

#29 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,322 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"You been watching those cars drive in circles agin?"

The simple fact is, all this 22-year-old has done since entering the league is charm his teammates, win over his coaches, make spectacular plays, get better by the week and, oh yeah, win football games (now 7-2 in starts, including the playoffs). He has been a beacon in the community, with a natural joy about him and a positive energy you can see in the clips of his interactions with young fans at training camp.

#30 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But if he shows for Camp, and gets hurt, he gts doosquat

Are you sure? I thought if a player signs the tender, he gets the money regardless of what happens in camp.

#31 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

Yes, I have..You got to get into bro..

Hey, back to Suggs and Brown..Did I hear this right, that Brown wnts 40-50 million dollar range?? thats how much Guards make??

#32 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Are you sure? I thought if a player signs the tender, he gets the money regardless of what happens in camp.

Yes, he gets paid when he signs the tender..But according to CBA rules, he has until the last week of camp to report without getting fined, guarantee thats what he'll do..Just like this past season. He lucked out with the injury bug, maybe this year we wont be o lucky?

#33 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,322 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I have..You got to get into bro..

Hey, back to Suggs and Brown..Did I hear this right, that Brown wnts 40-50 million dollar range?? thats how much Guards make??

Somebody like Snyder will offer him Fanica money...then we lose Brown...sad.gif

#34 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

Just like Raubach

#35 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,322 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just like Raubach

"Yup. Signing Brown might be painfull."

#36 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

Thats a creepy ass movie, reminds me of Catonsville.

#37 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,322 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a creepy ass movie, reminds me of Catonsville.

There's nothing like canoeing the Patapsico river! Maybe Ozzie and Suggs agent should give it a try...to work things out...know what I mean?"

#38 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (cravnravn @ Feb 17 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, he gets paid when he signs the tender..But according to CBA rules, he has until the last week of camp to report without getting fined, guarantee thats what he'll do..Just like this past season. He lucked out with the injury bug, maybe this year we wont be o lucky?

That is only if he doesn't sign the tender, which is because he technically is not part of the team. If you sign it though, you get the money automatically I believe. That is why Matt Castle signed his tender right away.

#39 yagersports

yagersports

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

Brown is a must sign period. We sign him and the tackles for big money if need be. The guards can be interchangeable. With Flacco at the helm, this is a new era for Ravens football and we WILL protect him. We do not want to make the mistake that both Cincci and Pitt made by havin their offensive lineman walk. Pitt is very very very very very very very lucky that Ben did not suffer a Major injury this year that prevented him from playing. We NEED to protect Flacco. This game is won in the trenches, sign Brown, he's a Pro Bowl talent Center.

#40 ravinmaniac52

ravinmaniac52

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (yagersports @ Feb 17 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brown is a must sign period. We sign him and the tackles for big money if need be. The guards can be interchangeable. With Flacco at the helm, this is a new era for Ravens football and we WILL protect him. We do not want to make the mistake that both Cincci and Pitt made by havin their offensive lineman walk. Pitt is very very very very very very very lucky that Ben did not suffer a Major injury this year that prevented him from playing. We NEED to protect Flacco. This game is won in the trenches, sign Brown, he's a Pro Bowl talent Center.

I still don't think signing Brown is that big of a deal, nice yes.

I was reading the other day the Steallers have Five OLmen that are free, one I think is a RFA.

Found it: OT Max Starks, OT Marvel Smith, OT Trai Essex and OG Chris Kemoeatu are unrestricted while OT Willie Colon is restricted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users