ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

padres moves

dc.

Wil Myers, Matt Kemp, Justin Upton... In a few days they're all Padres, and as far as I can tell not for much cost... Wild.

Not saying good or bad, just impressive on the speed and aggressiveness fronts

Wil Myers, Matt Kemp, Justin Upton... In a few days they're all Padres, and as far as I can tell not for much cost... Wild.

Not saying good or bad, just impressive on the speed and aggressiveness fronts

From what I have read the Padres had a very deep farm system to work with. Additionally, they did enough maneuvering where they were able to make these trades without giving up their top three prospects. It seems like they've built their system the past few years to make the push now. Good for them I like their moves.

DC, I looked at Kemp's splits and he had an excellent post-All Star break. From an offensive perspective he definitely proved his worth. Maybe that is a result of becoming healthy as the season went on. I am still a very much weary of his defense (he will be a huge liability in a big Pepco Park with no DH relief), but I agree with you now that he would have been an excellent LF/DH acquisition for us. However, I doubt Angelos would have taken that contract with Kemp having arthritis in both hips.