ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Insider: Safety Geno Stone, who led Ravens in interceptions last season, reportedly agrees to deal with division rival Bengals

ExtremeRavens

Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said safety Geno Stone was maybe “the best seventh-round pick that we’ve ever had.” Now, Stone will be playing elsewhere, and it won’t be very far from Baltimore.

Stone reportedly agreed to a two-year, $15 million deal with the AFC North rival Cincinnati Bengals on Monday, the first day of the NFL’s legal tampering period and two days before the official start of free agency.

The AFC’s leader in interceptions with seven last season, Stone put himself in position to nab a big payday and a starting role, something that wasn’t likely in Baltimore. The Ravens already have All-Pro Kyle Hamilton and veteran Marcus Williams.

“Baltimore, Thank you for the past 4 years !” he wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Stone’s journey was also memorable, as he went from seventh-round draft pick in 2020 to being cut twice to being claimed off waivers by the Houston Texans as a rookie to returning to Baltimore. Last year, he played in 17 games, including 11 starts, and had 68 tackles to go with his seven interceptions, which tied for the second-most in the NFL.

“I feel like I showed what I can do in this league,” Stone said a day after the season ended in January. “It’s something I’ve always been trying to do, obviously. That’s what everyone in this league wants to do — is show who they can be — and I feel like this was kind of my breakout year. I’m happy that it was this year and the year we had as a team. I’m just appreciative of everything I’ve been through this year.”

This story might be updated.

View the full article