ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

One Winning Drive: Last Minute Thoughts

ExtremeRavens

Just under two hours to game time and I’m trying to remember what the storyline on this game is.

I suppose at one point it may have been about Jamal Lewis coming back and playing the Ravens - that’s always interesting, right? Not really. Lewis had some decent games against the Ravens, but Ravens fans especially have never had it out for Lewis now that he’s on the Browns. I don’t really think that Lewis has it in for the Ravens either.

Oh, and did I mention that Lewis won’t be playing today, anyway.

Some in the press are trying to play the “can the Ravens handle this success” card. That’s just silly. The Ravens went 11-5 last year and made it to the AFC Championship - with virtually the same roster. They can handle the success.

They also proved last year that they know how to win games they should win. They even won games they weren’t supposed to win.  Week 1 might have been a scare against the Chiefs, but minus two big mistakes, and that game is a 100% blowout.

Sorry, but there is no story this week. Here’s what the story should be: Can the Ravens put up enough points to overtake the Saints as the league’s #1 scoring offense? Probably not. Can they at least hold on to #2? Probably.

View the full article