ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hello Kevin Millwood

83eh01

I like the deal. Milwood had some good numbers last season in probably the second best hitter's park in baseball. He should be able to get us 200 IP as our #1 or #2 starter. The knock on Milwood is that he shows up to spring training out of shape, hopefully he has been working this offseason. This was definitely the best move considering the lack of talent on the market and the high cost to get that talent. Now we could just get that middle of the order first baseman...

Love the move as well.

I like Chris Ray, but the injury and continued injury problems are troubling. I think he could definitely be as good as he was in 2006 again. But that's no guarantee. The solid, front-end starter... that we need.

If we can get Guthrie back on track a bit... get Bergesen back from injury... and continue to see Matusz and Tillman develop... it could (at the least) be a fun season to watch. And you still have Hernandez, Erbe, Arrietta in the wings...

I would love to see Arrieta break into the majors as a long relief pitcher. Looking at last year, our long relief guys were basically starters. It would be a good way to ease Arrieta into the majors as he has had problems getting guys out past five innings in the minors. Hernandez is another guy who could be a solid BP arm. We are also looking at a couple of Japanese arms, and I think the Sun said Fernando Rodney is our top closer target. I like Rodney a lot.

Oh yeah, I want us to sign Erik Bedard. I know he won't be ready until around midseason, but I would like to see Bedard return.

I wouldn't mind another pitcher, but I'm not too keen on multiyear deals with those available. I'm still thinking about how they would handle the rotation if they sign a second starting pitcher. Anybody not named Bedard takes the spot of Tillman or Matusz at the start of the season.