ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wagner (foot) and Maxx banged up in camp

TBird

Yea, I think he did but it didn't keep him from being one of the best RTs in the game.

He's always had a problem with that foot. It was injured on draft day and kept him from

being a 2d or 3rd round pick. He dropped to the 5th round, I think. Ravens let it heal

while he learned the playbook and system.

He was alright by his rookie season and took Oher's place in one of his few missed games.

Wagner went vs one of the best pass rushers in the game in Denver and gave up 2 sacks and
some hurries but impressed the hell out of Yanda next to him. Yanda said there would have been

more sacks with any other rookie starting vs that guy. Yanda said he came in and did his work and

kept his mouth shut. He reminds me of me.

Then Oher leaves and Wagner starts last year. At one point he was rated as the best RT according

to pro football focus which rates each player in the game. Wagner finished #2 or 3 by the end of the

year but football outsiders ranked the Ravens right side of the oline as the best in NFL giving up

the least sacks from that side.

Wagner will be the best RT in the game providing the foot doesn't get in his way. It seems to get

banged up a lot.

We can also give credit to Juan Castillo the o-line coach for developing guys like Wagner, Urschel

who will be the starting Center probably by 2016 and the undrafted Hurst last year who made history

being the first undrafted rookie LT to start a wild card game and we won with him in Pissburgh causing one

fan to say, imagine our guys starting an undrafted rookie lineman in a PO game. They also got beat by

another rookie in that game - Gilmore the TE who caught a TD on a crossing pattern to ice the game.

What another draft from Ozzie.