ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Before the Season Gets Deeper...

ForceEight

Terps have looked stronger already his year than I thought... even against weak opponents.

They are missing a big man, missing a lot of things, really. But maybe they'll do something unexpected.

Normally we struggle against the bad teams... if not lose to them.

• 1 year later...

Terps have looked stronger already his year than I thought... even against weak opponents.

They are missing a big man, missing a lot of things, really. But maybe they'll do something unexpected.

Normally we struggle against the bad teams... if not lose to them.

Is William & Mary considered a bad matchup, 3-point shooting team that Terps can't defend well (like Duke?). I know that game was during the semester finals/winter break malaise which can cause problems, but come on. The season's already deep, Terps have yet to really show themselves I guess. I don't have alot of confidence in them right now, but who knows.

Now that WV's been outed against a tougher opponent (Purdue) it'll be interesting to see how Coach Chuggins (as they call him in the mountain state) will gear his squad up for conference play, especially against the likes of Syracuse and Villanova, as well later on against Ohio State. I see them still being pretty competitive, but they're prone to sloppy guard play and bad passing at times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, no shit! What has changed since then, though? The "missing big man" has now become Jordan Williams, and Terps are actually taking care of business against (most) weaker teams.

lol though...

I still mean what I wrote. :)

nice initial pairing of #5 MD vs. #12 UConn in Lunardi's brackets...