ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Another underdog day

Jungletiger

Another underdog day

GEOFF HOBSON

Posted Nov 5, 2009

Just another day at The Office.

Here are the Bengals, undefeated in the AFC North with a win over the Ravens on the road just 25 days ago and one of the hottest quarterbacks in the NFL with seven wins against Baltimore who is still cool enough with his teammates to roll up his shirt sleeves like Dwight Schrute.

And they are still underdogs at home against said Ravens in Sunday's 1 p.m. game at Paul Brown Stadium.

"Yeah. I'm a little surprised. I didn't know it, but I don't care, either," Carson Palmer said at his Wednesday news conference.

Here is Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco, with an average of nearly five catches per game for 15.3 yards per catch against these Ravens in 17 games, saying and doing all the right things in a week he dropped in on offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski during his Tuesday night off to discuss the game plan. And yet the Ravens are favored by three in most circles even though their best receiver didn't have a catch against them last month.