ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Arthur Jones isn’t sure exactly what was wrong, but feels great now

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/13/arthur-jones-isnt-sure-exactly-what-was-wrong-but-feels-great/

Ravens defensive tackle Arthur Jones returned to practice this week after an illness that was only described as not “life-threatening” during his absence, which included a spot on the inactive list for the first week of the regular season.

Jones met with the media on Thursday and shed some more light on what was ailing him. Jones said that his heart was “kind of racing” during a preseason game against the Panthers and then it didn’t settle down after the game, a development that scared Jones and led him to consult several doctors. Those doctors were able to rule things out while treating Jones like a “lab rat,” but they never came up with a definitive explanation for the increase in heart rate.

“It was never a virus. They actually ruled it out and it wasn’t a heart attack. They actually didn’t know what it was. … The rhythm of my heart wasn’t beating correctly,” Jones said, via Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. “They were just trying to make sure everything was right before they threw me back on the field. They ran a bunch of tests and I got a few second opinions and I feel great.”

Jones said the timing was frustrating because he felt he was having a good summer, but that he doesn’t feel like he’s lost too much conditioning-wise while he’s been on the sideline. If the Ravens agree, he could be in the lineup against the Browns this weekend.