ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Red Zone Efficiency

varaven45

Does anyone know our red zone efficiency this year. In particular, I am interested in our scoring success rate (FG vs TDs vs picks) in 1st and goal situations. It has be among the lowest in the league but was curious.

Also, did Harbaugh every give an explanation about the 2 "bone headed" squib kicks on Monday night (second half) that 'gave' the momentum back to the Packers after we amazingly fought back into the game. If not Harbaugh, I would hope that coach is in the dog house or out looking for a job.

Any thoughts ?

Does anyone know our red zone efficiency this year. In particular, I am interested in our scoring success rate (FG vs TDs vs picks) in 1st and goal situations. It has be among the lowest in the league but was curious.

Also, did Harbaugh every give an explanation about the 2 "bone headed" squib kicks on Monday night (second half) that 'gave' the momentum back to the Packers after we amazingly fought back into the game. If not Harbaugh, I would hope that coach is in the dog house or out looking for a job.

Any thoughts ?

Here is what Harbaugh said on the two pooch kicks. Apparently Cundiff wasn't doing so well:

-- Billy Cundiff played with a concussion he suffered on the opening kickoff when he was kneed in the head by a teammate. Cundiff, Harbaugh said, was allowed to kick but had to come off the field after he kicked. Of the two pooch kicks late in the game, Harbaugh said one was intended to be a squib but that Cundiff mis-hit it. The other pooch, Harbaugh said, "was all he could do."

As for the redzone efficiency, they showed a stat about that on the MNF telecast. Apparantly we started the season 12 for 19 on TD conversions in the Redzone. Since then it has been a disaster, I forget the extact number.

Here is what Harbaugh said on the squib kicks. Apparently Cundiff wasn't doing so well:

As for the redzone efficiency, they showed a stat about that on the MNF telecast. Apparantly we started the season 12 for 19 on TD conversions in the Redzone. Since then it has been a disaster, I forget the extact number.

TCleetz,

Thanks. Didnt know that about Cundif - my bad. Our red zone eff. is woeful.

In terms of the 1st and goal scenarios, that was posted as a stat during the Steelers game (the play before McGahee's TD). We were 10 for 11 at that point in getting TDs when we have had 1st and goal, with the Indy game being the lone exception. Obviously, at this point, we are now 12 for 14 (McGahee's TDs in the past two games and the Flacco INT being 2 for 3)