ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

deeshopper

The new Thief was nothing compared to the traditional Thief games from a decade ago... the original and Thief 2 were perhaps my two favorite PC games ever.

The new on suffered from lots of cut scenes to less 'thieving' ... and like the early Assassin's Creed frequently too much "getting to the destination" and not enough actually acting.

The overall plot and gameplay was fine... but there just needed to be more there.

I am also still upset they replaced the original voice actor for Garrett - who in the original games was brilliant.

The new Thief was nothing compared to the traditional Thief games from a decade ago... the original and Thief 2 were perhaps my two favorite PC games ever.

The new on suffered from lots of cut scenes to less 'thieving' ... and like the early Assassin's Creed frequently too much "getting to the destination" and not enough actually acting.

The overall plot and gameplay was fine... but there just needed to be more there.

I am also still upset they replaced the original voice actor for Garrett - who in the original games was brilliant.

I really liked the old ones too. A lot of this one felt dated to me. A lot of little mini cut screens while moving from area to area were annoying and outdated. Some of the areas were not that big either. Just let me go through the window, not press X repeatedly.

I still thought it was decent and worth playing. $10 to $15 is about right for it.

Certainly worth the money and by no means a bad game, but in comparison to it's predecessors... so disappointing. (I knew to expect it, though, given reviews). I agree, there was a lot of pain in the butt repetitiveness and cut scenes.

I played with the "thieving" settings a bit to make it more like the originals too - turning off 'gleeming' and some of the button commands. At least then it felt like I was in the game, not outside it.