ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Todays the Day

vmax

I'm pumped!

"If you have a chance to get into the playoffs, you do it," Suggs said. "You definitely want to take advantage of that opportunity because there ain't no guarantee that you'll be back the next year, or if you'll ever go back again."

23619379862260-27153750.jpg

Edited by vmax

If the offense puts up a lot of points today and the defense dominates then we'll all feel more confident about this team going into the playoffs. They could be peaking at the right time.

All of us are aware of the highs and lows of this 2009 Ravens team...it's strengths and weaknesses. Injuries are a factor too. So being overconfident is not on my menu. The stats say they could be going into the playoffs with a dominant D and very good offense (with a win today of course :) ) but like I said...we know their shortcommings too.

That said...every AFC playoff team has shortcommings so the Ravens have a decent shot to be competative against any team they meet.

What more could we ask for?

50655387.JPG

If the offense puts up a lot of points today and the defense dominates then we'll all feel more confident about this team going into the playoffs. They could be peaking at the right time.

All of us are aware of the highs and lows of this 2009 Ravens team...it's strengths and weaknesses. Injuries are a factor too. So being overconfident is not on my menu. The stats say they could be going into the playoffs with a dominant D and very good offense (with a win today of course :) ) but like I said...we know their shortcommings too.

That said...every AFC playoff team has shortcommings so the Ravens have a decent shot to be competative against any team they meet.

What more could we ask for?

50655387.JPG

We will also have had the advantage of playing all the AFC playoffs teams during the regular season, and we were in it until the end with all of these teams (except we beat the Chargers). We know we can compete, which is like you said, all we can ask for. I felt we had a gimme game in the playoffs last season with the Dolphins, there will be no gimmes this year. What encourages me is the win in the playoffs against the Titans. That is a team we lost a close game to during the regular season and came back and beat them in the playoffs. Who says Harbaugh and co. cannot do the same against the Pats, Colts, or Bengals?

I don't agree with the title of the article..."Glum Ravens fans expected more this season"...I don't think we are 'Glum'..."Glum" is in Cleveland...I'm very excited this morning about the Ravens.. but I found this interesting...it's about consistency (so true)...from Valkenberg...

Quarterback Joe Flacco acknowledged that many struggling teams like to talk about how close they have come to winning more games in hopes of convincing themselves there are brighter days ahead.

"I think that's what you say when you're a team that's not had a great record and still has a shot," he said. "But there is some truth to the fact that we've had a tough road. We've played some tough teams, so we have experience in those types of games. We haven't always come out on the better side of those, but we'll look at those, and we use that as fuel to make sure we do come on the right side in this game and in the upcoming games."

A year ago, the Ravens weren't the flashiest team in the AFC, but they were able to rely on their strengths - running the ball and playing good defense. And although they have struggled with both at times this season, they've also excelled in those areas as well - just not consistently.

Running back Ray Rice was selected to the Pro Bowl after running for 1,269 yards and seven touchdowns in 15 games this season, and the team is ranked No. 3 in the NFL in total defense. The Ravens just haven't put it all together for long enough to make people believe they can be an elite team.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravensseason03jan03,0,478673.story

51304298.jpg

Guest BallTMore

Let's get up on the Raiders early and have them thinking about next season by halftime.

This could be a very good day. Ravens go to the playoffs and the Steelers get sent packing. That would be lovely.

Odds are we're heading to NE if we win. Obviously, we'll be big underdogs. That game will be a uphill battle for sure, but I don't think it's impossible to win. Cam gave up on Ray Rice in that game WAY too early, he gave up on Ray Rice a lot in the first half of the season. Now we know what we have.

The big plays were there that game. But the "shoot yourself in the foot" Ravens made sure they weren't made.