ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Insider: Ravens strength coach pleased with progress of Rice, Osemele, turnout for offseason program

ExtremeRavens

Brandon Williams is a monster....

It’s just the second day of the Ravens’ voluntary program and second-year defensive tackle Brandon Williams has already maxed out.

The dude continues to prove that he is indeed the Hulk.

Williams bench pressed a whopping 525 pounds, wowing his teammates and impressing his coaches. He did it two weeks ago away from the team facility, then again at the Under Armour Performance Center.

“I told him that’s high enough. Five hundred twenty-five [pounds] is fine,” Ravens Strength and Conditioning Coach Bob Rogucki said. “Did I see it? Yes. It was a pretty good lift, but that’s high enough for right now.”

Rogucki said that the Ravens have a policy that every day of the program a player will either lift more weight or do more reps. I suppose Williams only has one avenue to take.

Rogucki said he’s seen a lift like that before, but his example was 500 pounds, not 525. He said a player on a different team he used to work at put up 500 pounds early in the morning after flying from the east coast to the west coast.

Williams’ workout still takes the cake.

“Can this guy that did the 500 at 6:30 in the morning walk on his hands?” Rogucki rhetorically asked. “I don’t think so.”

Williams posted two videos on Instagram of him doing the 525-pound lift and walking on his hands, which has become his trademark. At 6-foot-1, 335 pounds, it’s a mind-boggling feat (mobile users click “View In Browser” above to view the videos).