ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Courtney Upshaw looking to lose more weight

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/05/courtney-upshaw-looking-to-lose-more-weight/

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Courtney Upshaw drew the ire of head coach John Harbaugh last offseason for being overweight.

Upshaw ultimately got his weight in control for the season in losing 20 pounds before the start of training camp.

Unlike last year when he missed workouts due to personal reasons that helped contribute to his excess weight, Upshaw is participating in OTAs for the Ravens this offseason.

However, Upshaw is still a bit heavier than he would like to be.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, Upshaw wore a long-sleeved black shirt at practice Wednesday to help him shed some of the extra weight.

“The weight ain’t where it needs to be, where I want it to be. It’s a grind,” Upshaw said.

“That’s why you might see me in long sleeves and be like, ‘Courtney, it’s hot out here. Why are you in long sleeves?’ I’m working, man, the cardio, getting it in. It’s a whole new mindset. I’m doing the right things.”

Upshaw’s listed playing weight is 272 pounds, though he didn’t say where his weight currently sits.

Upshaw started 13 games for the Ravens last season with 30 tackles and 1.5 sacks.