ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Wiz may Rize... from the Ashes?

Wow, I just saw this. What a development for a team that had the virtual purging this season of every known name, to be in the position to take a player like Wall, or really whoever they think will be the foundation for real growth. NO KWAME REPEAT! NO KWAME REPEAT!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5199693

I've got no real rooting interest in the Wizards, except that they are really the only reason I watch the NBA the few times I do, or have done, recently (meaning, since they had Heywood and Jamison and Arenas, et al who are now gone). Let's hope this draft gives us reason to care about the NBA (judging by the lack of recent posts, most do not.)

BTW here's a note I found citing a possible (but improbable) scenario in which LeBron could become a Wizard, especially interesting because it presupposes the Wiz winning the lottery, which they did. Imagine James with the likes of John Wall gallavanting in and around the verizon center? As Wizards?

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2010/05/its-just-one-lebron-to-the-wizards-scenario-dont-think-anything-of-it.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TruthAboutIt+%28Truth+About+It+-+Washington+Wizards+Blog%29&utm_content=ESPN

I am not much of a basketball fan, but my little brother is a Wildcat so he was excited. Although he was really annoyed with all the people who jumped on the John Wall bandwagon acting like they have liked him for awhile now. Never the less the guy is an exciting, explosive player who will sell tickets and jerseys. The Wiz need a lot of work, but building your team around John Wall is definitely a great place to start. The guy is a pure point guard so maybe he can get some of the young big men involved. A guy like JaVale McGee should certainly benefit from Wall penetrating and throwing McGee oops or giving him free lanes to cut into.

I don't think LeBron is a possibility this year, but Baltimore-native Carmelo Anthony is a free agent next offseason. Maybe he would want to return to the area and play with Wall next year.

I am not much of a basketball fan, but my little brother is a Wildcat so he was excited. Although he was really annoyed with all the people who jumped on the John Wall bandwagon acting like they have liked him for awhile now. Never the less the guy is an exciting, explosive player who will sell tickets and jerseys.

OMG! I know right? I've followed him FOREVER!

Who the F is John Wall?

Who the F is John Wall?

lol (if you're serious) he was a freshman guard last year with Kentucky, probably the highest-ranked recruit coming out of high school last year, could easily (and likely will) jump to the NBA after one season in college (I forget if he already declared for the draft, I think he did). He would be a solid pick for any team in the draft, but there are others that the Wizards may opt for, their options are wide open after their recent purging.

Us Baltimore-area folk should pay attention to Lake Clifton's Josh Selby, I think the #2 ranked guard in the country, who has signed with Kansas to play point guard, he's pretty special (at least judging by the attention he gets from the media and the clips I've seen).