ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How idiots spend their spare time

papasmurfbell

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Seahawks-rookie-Tate-involved-in-donut-related-m?urn=nfl,246624

Shutdown Corner Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:16 pm EDT

Seahawks rookie Tate involved in donut-related mischief

By Doug Farrar

When I interviewed former Notre Dame and current Seattle Seahawks receiver Golden Tate(notes) for the Washington Post in March, I should have asked him if he had a sweet tooth. Evidently he does, and it seems to have gotten the rookie in a bit of trouble. As first reported by TMZ.com, Tate was given a trespass warning by police in Bellevue, Washington (a suburb of Seattle) when the owner of the Top Pot donut shop below the apartment complex in which Tate lives noticed that there were intruders in his place of business at 3:00 last Saturday morning. The Seattle Times reports that Tate and a friend got in via a common door that was left open.

Tate said that the idea was to go into the shop to grab a few maple bars, which are apparently addictive to the extreme. "They're irresistible," Tate told the media after his pastry caper was made public. "It was kind of a foolish mistake that won't happen again. But if you ever want some maple bars, that's the place to go.

"A buddy made the mistake of going in, grabbing a couple. He came out, we ate them. There's nothing much to the story other than that. I'm very apologetic to it. This is the wrong type of media I want to bring to this organization. I apologized to the team, the coaches and even Top Pot. As of now, I think that's the end of it."

Well, not exactly. Top Pot is also the official supplier of coffee and donuts to Qwest Field, which is the home of the Seahawks. And if there was an endorsement deal made to happen, it must be this. "Top Pot Golden Maple Bars: Good Enough to Steal"? Indeed.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll wasn't too pleased with his second-round rookie, who's expected to make a big contribution on the field if he can stay out of trouble with the sweet stuff. Still, it sounds as if Carroll has succumbed to the spell of the maple bars as well.

"I'm not disappointed in the guy being at a donut shop when they've got maple bars like Top Pot has," the coach said. "However, under the circumstances ... I think they were closed, or something like that, or they were trying to close. So that's definitely wrong, and we've talked about it and addressed it. And he's most remorseful. But I do understand the allure of the maple bars."

Tate had the last word. "This is definitely a lesson learned for me. Next time, I'm just going to have my buddy go in and buy them instead."

He is an idiot. I am so confindent that he will bust